Who doesn't like us, and why not?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

A few people have. You've even mentioned it yourself.

2. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Through process of elimination......anyone who responds to you can't possibly have you ignored.

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

4. Ant E

Constant negativity etc...
    bloody hypocrite

5. Slainmonkey

Goodness, he's really gotten under your skin!

6. Ant E

Yes. He’s a coward and a hypocrite!

Too gutless to say out loud to me what he thinks. Does he think because he blocks me I can’t see him?! Very weak individual!

Based on your rant @squeal mold , you should be furious at this “paul” character.

7. Slainmonkey

Welp.....I guess if there is one thing you learn in threads like this, it's just just who gets people's feckles up. Though it always is going to seem weird for me to read as my name also happens to be "Paul".....oh well. I kinda can't help but wonder if a tread like this is conducive to the moral of the forum, or it'll just make people overly paranoid over what people might think about them.

8. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

It isn't just those two either. I think (hope?) we're on good terms with BigOleDummy and others. Bluey - someone we actually had an argument with once - is well-liked. I've always enjoyed picking the nits with posters like Deep Space, etc., etc..

But I do think we have a "branding problem", which is why I started this thread. @Pumpkinikki's first contribution to the weekend bust-up was this very minor dig; the other party immediately (and unfairly) called her a bully. He also said he'd been privately warned about her "bullying" and repeated the accusation many times.

At the time I ended up getting angry. Partly because the other person didn't leave enough time after apologising for me to digest or discuss, before repeating his accusation. And partly because bystanders seemed to instinctively agree with him when they came to the thread cold. On reflection... I think there's something deeper going on here. I think the bad reputation has grown from a) swing voters witnessing altercations "in flight", and not knowing that people are being mocked because they've genuinely upset someone - rather than for cruel sport - and b) the fact that we have had frivolous accusations of bullying, and each enables and fuels the next (a prime example being Nikki getting both barrels from the word "go", from someone who'd been briefed via PM that she was a "bully"). I'm actually weirdly grateful to @squeal mold for setting it out in plain English, because his comments tally with my perception of how people see us. And we're now at a point where, if we fall out with anyone - even if they start it - their optimal strategy is to exploit the bad press, and paint us as a clique of bullies.

I genuinely don't want people to see us that way. So, if anyone (at all) wants to come and have a civil conversation about their beef, I'm happy to respond in the same way.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  9. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

This thread seems very disjointed to me, so I assume Ant E is making a response. I'd just like to say to you, Ant E, that you have consciously adopted an acerbic, sometimes belligerent posting style, and you're free to make that choice, of course. If it's a surprise to you that another poster chooses to put you on ignore, it shouldn't be. And I doubt that it really is. In fact, I suspect you've chosen your forum persona to elicit such responses. For my part, I certainly bear you no ill will, and I simply feel my forum experience would be better if I skipped your posts, something the forum software allows.

Otherwise, some of the posters here I've liked and respected for many years (JMC2000, Bluey and Cloud all spring immediately to mind), and many whom I don't recall from my previous times on this forum I've quickly developed a liking for in the little time I've been back (BigOleDummy and Kittypaws enter my mind, but there are others I can't think of at the moment). Rd.co.uk has always attracted relatively mature, fun and intelligent members, and I'm pleased to see it continues to do so.:-)

10. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

I echo RIPs thoughts, I hope my buds and I are generally seen as agreeable. I know big Ants is basically chairman of the Pembers Fan Club, I have found a new soul mate in @AJ Smegface and I like reading stuff from @Slainmonkey @Cruel Slayer @Curryman @Kittypaws @Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century @FeeBee and as RIP mentioned I too like @BigOleMummy a lot. We all like @kry102001 as well hence why we keep trying to get him to post more.

I'm sure there are others too. I've put myself up for interview if you want to ask anything and as @Pumpkinikki said we're always happy to welcome more people to chat.

11. Paul Taylor

To be fair, I think the altercation to which you elude was being quite expertly orchestrated by the other party, with the intention of making you guys seem the bullies. I was fooled when I first entered the discussion, and it was only on looking back up the thread and piecing together the evidence that I saw what was going on. I apologise for that, but as people like him go, he was pretty skilled. I almost PMed you an apology. I was drawn in to taking things at face value with no knowledge of any current 'cliques' that may or may not exist on in the forum's current incarnation.

Pembers and Nikki the Great like this.
  12. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Tbh I think there's been...well unless @Jarvio simply made it up (that's not an accusation), I KNOW there's been some stirring going on behind the scenes. If people are pming others to accuse us of bullying instead of coming and telling us either here or in pm's then 1. They're utterly spineless and 2. They're just stirring for their own agenda.

I can guess who is behind this and would ask anyone who has received such pm's to look at the join date and post count of the person pming them. We've got a problem with sock puppets, just saying.

13. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Yeah I think we were played there, we were a bit naive perhaps, allowing ourselves to be baited.

Paul Taylor and Nikki the Great like this.
  14. Paul Taylor

There really is only one way to deal with such people, and it's not to express your anger, or trying to make them vanish in a puff of smoke by calling them out for what they are. They feed on attention, and being completely ignored is their only weakness. They rely on the fact that an entire forum of people are not, as one, going to stop responding to them. Incidentally, I have him on ignore too (just remembered). Reasons would be superfluous.

Pembers likes this.
  15. Ant E

Naff off you condescending douche

16. Ant E

Seems to me monkey, all this paul character has done is “expose himself” as a coward.

So here’s what you do for me monkey - you tell Mr Cowardly hypocrite @Cruel Slayer to come in chat and confront me with his issues! Or reply on here TO ME. The fact he’s pretending he can’t see what I’m saying is laughable! When you block, the post is still there - and it comes up with an option to view it. When someone else quotes a blocked person, the post is still there. This coward Paul (whoever the hell he is) is using the exact same tactics as @Jarvio. He’s a liar. A coward. He will be deleting posts next....

What a worm. Someone tell him he’s a twat from me...

17. Slainmonkey

I'd rather not get in the middle of this, no offence....I really don't like to pick sides on this. I might not be the kind of person to ignore a person I've never spoken to before, but I guess I also don't feel right saying he can't feel the way he does. I think it's better if I stay neutral on this because I think getting involved could only make matters worse for everyone!

18. Ant E

Beware of tex, Calver and TAYLOR!!!!

It begins.....

Error error error

19. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Paul's a good egg - I look forward to your inevitable rapprochement ;-)

20. Ant E

I fail to see this. He is stirring in a cowardly way!