Who doesn't like us, and why not?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I think cliques to some extent are a natural thing in forums, particularly with older members who've known eachother for years......sometimes I don't think it's even an intentional thing, more just like minded people who gravitate together and become pretty tightly knit. As such they develope things like inside jokes and things of the like, and while it may never be the intent, it makes some people feel like they're on the outer. While I can say without a shadow of a doubt I've never really been a part of any cliques here, I've also never really felt excluded either......certainly no more or less then any other forum I've been to.

jmc2000 and Nikki the Great like this.
  2. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

People keep accusing us of being a clique. But we are all just friends, we chat most nights on and off the forum, know a lot about each other and all get on. Everyone is always welcome in chat no one else ever bothers. So obviously we are all pretty close so obviously some of our jokes spread out a little. Sure sometimes I can be accused of posting something that I think will amuse Nikki, Stu or Adam or something but I mean why else post if not to amuse my pals. I am sure Neil posts horror friends for whoever likes those.

Also (apart from that silconia thread, which if all the posts wernt deleted you would see were not started by the gang) we keep our garbage contained in here. Also some accusation of not posting about Red Dwarf to much. I have been on this forum about 15 years now...I don't really have much else to say about series 1-8. Also I don't like to post to much about the new series because I like to form my own opinion and dont want any negativity online to sour me on it.

Nikki, Stu, Adam, Dick, Abe and Smurfy and all are always there talking most night, we all discuss things and have obviously grown attached. So when one of us is attacked we of course stick up a bit. Nikki and me and of course be accused of fueling each other a bit but to be honest we have never just lashed out on anyone that hasn't started it on us. You all accuse us of bullying neil old and things. Sure we may give him the business for posting non stop horror threads when we post a lot of spam threads but most of us are always a little miffed at neil old because of some offensive opinions he has had in the past and offensive pictures he has had. He has been the only one warned so far for a reason. Also we pick on each other far more than anyone thinks we pick on anyone else. Not a day goes past where Stu isnt mocked for his shiny head, or Pembers for slinging it all over town or Abe for being a spoon loving maniac.

Just to lay out while we are here. Do we in joke a bit? Of course. But if we wernt here there would be no posts on the forum except for Neil Old horror threads. Also Ant E is hilarious.

Abe, jmc2000 and Nikki the Great like this.
  3. Slainmonkey

I just wanna say I wasn't saying anyone is or isn't a clique, I just mean that in a forum setting the formation of cliques is natural. As I said earlier, I've never really felt I was being excluded.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    jmc2000, Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  4. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Ant E likes this.
  5. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Don't you bring my arse into this :sulk:
    I agree with what @Shroud thinks of this. You know it's serious when @Shroud writes a thoughtful essay response.

Abe, Pembers and Cloud like this.
  6. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Nikki the Great likes this.
  7. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

ALL my posts are thoughtful! :sulk:

I will also add Tex Rimmer and Lynsey Calver to that list

Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  8. Nikki the Great

<stops playing piano abruptly>

Woah woah WOAH! BACK UP!

Did @Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century say my "male harem"?

Jeeeez dude what do you think we do together? Had no idea that these "gang" accusations were actually GANG BANG accusations! :eek:

Abe, Pembers, Cloud and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Oh thats my fault. I have been spreading rumors of the gangs late night orgies.

Paul Taylor and Nikki the Great like this.
  10. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Ok so Deep Space has been Danny this whole time and we never realised, you got us, well done.

Nikki the Great and Ant E like this.
  11. ImmitationIsFlattery

ImmitationIsFlattery Skutter

No, he hasn't.

Authentication code: PPPPPP

Temp account made just to point this out. This account can be deleted or whatever, I don't care.

-If anyone is suspicious about edits, I edited it to fix a typo.

12. Nikki the Great

Not accusing you of being Deepspace, but you're definitely at least one other account on here. You can't tell me you just happened to be passing by and saw all this :lol:

13. Slainmonkey

Yeeeeah, I have to say that response actually only serves to seem more suspicious!

14. Ant E

As I suspected! So bring us all down despite the fact I defended you danny?!

This is so weird

15. Ant E

Cloud and Nikki the Great like this.
  16. Ant E

:sulk: <— me

Cloud and Nikki the Great like this.
  17. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!

Abe, Cloud and Nikki the Great like this.
  18. Ant E

I wish!!!!!!!!

Abe, Cloud and Nikki the Great like this.
  19. Ant E

I’m only Anthony when I’m in trouble... which I guess is now

20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

No, Ant. It looked like you'd had a hissy fit and was leaving the forum because someone had you on ignore.

Ant E likes this.