Who would you rather date?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by adorabelle, Apr 13, 2009.

1. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

Not so long ago, there was a topic on here called "who would you rather nob?" -by Seb

This is the politically correct version, so that even us girls can join in...

So how about, who would you rather go on a date with? (or whom, Keir)
    Out of all the Red Dwarf characters, who would you like to go on a date with? Lister, Rimmer, Konchanski, Caroline Carmen...

I'd say Lister. I'm sure going on a date with Lister would be fun, you could get drunk together then go for a curry. Then Lister is also open minded, and funny. Two of the characteristics I look for in a date.

2. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Aha well in this case for a date it would have to be talkie toaster. Just imagine the conversations you could have over a Candle Lit meal.

3. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Lister for me too! Pretty much for the same reasons you gave. He's a very down to earth guy, and a date with him would be such a laugh. I also think he's very cute, which is always a bonus. So yep, I'd love to go on a date with Lister!

4. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

I'll have to go with Lister as being probably the most fun date.

Rimmer would be too busy asking you if you'd like a worm-do and trying to hypnotize you to have any fun. Cat of course would talk about himself the whole time and probably be running off to preen in a mirror every five minutes and Kryten would be too busy cleaning up after you and criticizing the techniques of the chef/wait staff/whatever-employee, etc (nevermind being anatomically impaired as a Ken doll)

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

For me it would have to be that Russian woman that I can't remember the name of (never mind spell) who appeared in Back to Earth.

6. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Katerina Bartikovsky

7. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

Ahem... Out with whom on a date would you rather go. As Churchill apocryphally wrote, "Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I shall not put."

In answer to the question though... hmm... tricky. The Cat's too vain, Kochanski's too demanding, Kryten's too servile and Lister's too slobby. I guess that leaves... nah, I'll just have dinner for one please.

8. Spm_V1

Spm_V1 Third Technician

Konchanski as long is she was Claire Grogan 8)

9. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Well, after a lot of thought about this (seeing as how you were pressuring us for a response on this last night adorabelle!), I think I would have to go for Yvonne McGruder. If she was concussed maybe I'd stand of a chance of getting her to go on a date with me. Hell, if it worked for Rimmer....

10. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

Rachael

11. lynseyjinn

lynseyjinn First Technician

I physically couldn't date Lister and I'd murder the Cat, he's far too vain. Kryten... well, let's not go there. Not even in his human form.

Rimmer, well... :-D It would be an interesting experience, that's for sure. It's ok for me to love the character to bits but if he was real all of a sudden and I was on a date with him, I'd probably end up hitting him unless he could keep his smegheadness to a minimum. But out of the main four, I'd definitely go for Rimmer.

12. hubbard

hubbard Deck Sergeant

Hmmm I always liked Pete Trant's sister from Psirens hehe that outfit was the sexiest seen on RD methinks ;-)

Then there was also the two females on a distress call to the guys whilst on Starbug, again in Psirens. They needed males to spread their seed hehe

8)

13. Nunubididoo

Nunubididoo Skutter

Oh that's easy, I'd date all the boys except Kryten but for different reasons :-) I'd date Rimsy more as a pity date, I feel sorry for the poor guy, failing his exams, bad parents and only one sexual encounter, poor guy. He's not too bad looking either ;-)I'd date Lister for a good time. He'd make you laugh, listen to you and you'd probably talk about random thigs eliminating awkward silences. Finally, I'd date the Cat, purely because (as he says himself in the Inquisitor) he has a beautiful ass lol and you could probably get some fashion tips XD Kryten would be too difficult to date, he'd be cooking, cleaning etc it'd be too much pressure lol.

14. SoC00L_L

SoC00L_L Third Technician

I definitely would love to have a date with Lister :-D

15. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Admiral Sir James 'Bongo' Tranter

16. omnomnominous

omnomnominous Third Technician

I'd hang out with Lister(as mates) but for a date I'd definitely pick Rimmer.

17. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I found the simulant lady in Gunmen and Rimmerworld (particularly the latter)... impressionable. Sure she's an amoral psychotic cybernetic killing machine but once you get past those little flaws I thought her quite a babe. And I liked her voice.

I guess as going on a date that I actually survive is concerned, I guess I'd go with Kochanski, although there aren't that many females in Red Dwarf to choose from.

Actually, tell a lie, on thinking about it, there's quite a few, but they have such little screen time, and the hottest ones don't really look that way at all! Still the Gelf bride looked a lot of fun didn't she? A fine full bodied figure of a woman. Phwoar!

18. pbsausie

pbsausie Skutter

What, no love for Rimmer's mum or Porky Roebuck?

19. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Many lovely ladies have appeared in the show over the years. Nirvana Crane is particularly attractive, and I always find the hologram Camille striking. Perhaps I have a holofetish.:?

20. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I don't find any of the main cast particularly datable, but if I had to choose one of the it would probably be Lister.

Out of any Red Dwarf character, I still don't find any of them datable, but I would probably choose someone like Spanners. He seems like a pretty grounded, down to earth guy. Although I'm not sure he's the type to go dating people behind his missus' back.

I now want to find Sebs original post about nobbing :P