Who's going to the filming today?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by gem5ie, Dec 23, 2011.

1. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

Sign in here...

2. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Me! Just got back from work. Bit of food, shower and then drive down to Shepperton from Nottingham to try and get there in plenty of time! Excited? More than a little :-D

3. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

Me! I shall be leaving shortly just waiting for my guests! :-)

4. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Oops, i should've signed in here myself. I was there, and smeggin' loved it :-). Antone interested in my initial thoughts can go here :arrow: Red clicky thing (it's the last post on that page)

I had actually planned on temporarily changing my avator to a pic of my mug, so people would recognise me and we could all have a chat...but i forgot, D'oh. I did recognise Ian (the 'rap battler' :-)) Symes, and another long haired beardy chat (Cappsy i think..could be wrong though?) and i'm fairly certain we passed Jo Shaples in the car on the dirt track drive to the carpark. Would've stopped and offered a lift, but there was a big group she was with too and we were in a tiny hired car.

I was going to say hello to Ian at one point, but then i realised he would have absolutely no idea who i am, since i only 'know him' through seeing fanclub stuff, listening to the Dwarf casts and the awesome "yeah, no, yeah" fan film from the series 8 (i think) dvd. Which also features our very own Mr Seb P playing Doug. Very funny stuff :-).

5. ori-STUDFARM

Probably was Cappsy. I walked in with the same group...the shaven headed chap with a long and greying beard...No 'tache.

My thoughts on the recording have been posted at This red clicky thing

6. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

The warm up guy was called Ray Peacock? Seriously?

Hope that's a stage name....[mod edit]

7. ori-STUDFARM

It is. His real name is Ian Boldsworth....

8. Freeborn

Ah yes i remember seeing you in the holding room (you have a very similar look to a friend of mine, in fact i thought you were he at first) I then noticed you during the actually recording. Thanks to Ray (Ian) kindly pointed out to everyone that you needed the loo. :-)

9. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

It was I! There were a few of us including my Mum and brother Tom so a lift would have been tricky. I appreciate the thought though! :-)

10. supercat

supercat Console Officer

I don't know anyone who is going to the same filming date as me, apart from Dave who I'm going with. Although I have told Cappsy that we'll pop round yours on the Sunday for a while before we go home! :-D

11. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

Okie doke :-) Be nice to catch up!

12. ori-STUDFARM

Recognition at last :-)

13. Freeborn

:-)

I forgot to ask this before, did anyone else notice the Norman Lovette lookalike in the audience?. The similarity really was quite uncanny. He was stood just inside the entrance to the holding room for some time shortly before we began to get called in to the studio.

For a second there i thought he'd turned up to heckle his former fellow cast members.. ;-)

14. ori-STUDFARM

No, but I did see a really tall white haired friendly looking bloke who I am sure is an actor who has been in loads of stuff. Would make an excellent BFG if they did a live action version....big ears too, I noticed.

Can't for the life of me remember who he is or what specific shows I've seen him in though...it's bugging the hell out of me...

15. Freeborn

Ah i think i know who you mean, there was a chap that my friend pointed out to me who fits that desciption (although the BFG part didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it, lol). My friend throught he recognised him as an actor too. And he did look familiar. He also had a similar look to Norm, facially. Only with a - dare i say much friendlier face, and a lot more hair. (that's if we're talking about the same chap here of course). I can't put name to face though either.

16. ori-STUDFARM

I believe he was sat next to or near that infamous freestyle rap artiste known as Ian Symes...

17. Freeborn

Ah, i only saw him in the holding room while buying a (rather expensive) beer. And couldn't quite see who was sat with Mr Symes from where i was sat.

18. ori-STUDFARM

We did actually speak to him when he asked if our "sticker number" was in the same group of 50 as his....and then looked rather happy to be able to skip in front of us. But, as observed by my mate carl, happy in a good way, not a patronising way. He even looked back at us with a pleasant and friendly smile as he exited the "holding area" for the studio.

19. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Need some advice if thats ok?

Next week I'm travelling up from Southend to Shepperton by car, am not sure what the roads will be like on a Saturday and if there would be any difference to a weekday so not sure whether to set out earlier or at what time.

Also I've got two Friends who are going to be making their own way via Trains etc from around the London area and am wondering how possible it would be that the three of us meet up somewhere beforehand unless people can walk in from on foot.

As the Ticket holder I need to make sure that I'm with the rest of my party so dont know if theres a way that the three of us can all go in together.

Has anyone else here had a similar problem?

20. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I guess the simple answer would be to drive to Shepperton station and pick 'em up from there! It's about a five-ten minute drive from the studios.