Who's going to the filming today?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by gem5ie, Dec 23, 2011.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Meeting them at the station sounds like the best idea actually, what would be the best time (on a Saturday) to set out at, cos not sure what the traffics going to be like and dont want to get there too late or too early.

2. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Yep, makes sense to meet them at the station. As for set out time, your best bet is probably to check the estimated time on am online route planner. Although i would always suggest setting out much earlier, as you really never know what's gonna happen during the journey, how bad traffic is going to be can not always be pre determined before hand (although keeping an eye on t'internet and/or news and weather reports is a good idea obviously)

At the end of the day it's better to get there too early than to be panicking at the last minute, or worse still missing the recording altogether

I've traveled from where i live in Cheshire into London with very varying results as far as how long it took. From between two and a half hours, to six hours. So i really would suggest starting off pretty early just to be on the safe side.

It's always worth having alternative routes planned too, just in case the motorway becomes too gridlocked.

3. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

At first I was planning on leaving home (Southend) around 12. That would see an hours journey to London etc. But have decided to get a Train up to London this would save me more than what the car taking me up would cost but I'm still to hear from my Friends what they're doing as they're not aware of the issues people have had with parking and meeting up etc.

Will definitely be getting up there earlier though :-) Many thanks for your helpful advice.

4. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Signing in. God knows how I managed to sleep last night, all the Tweets coming from Twitter seem to be suggesting that tonights one is going to be very funny.

Richard from the past to Richard of the Future: Please let me know how funny it is, what is it like there is it everything you imagined and so much more?

5. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Hope everyone hasa really good time today :-)

6. AnnieMouse

AnnieMouse Second Technician

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Tonight's the night!

(May well bump into you there, Supercat (and anyone else?). I will indeed be wearing my bright red winter coat, so will stand out like...well, someone wearing a bright red coat!)

7. Demonsmeg

Demonsmeg Skutter

Heading off shortly! My 13 year old self is thanking 31 year old me for finally fulfilling his childhood dream! :P

8. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I hope everyone at tonights recording has a great time, I'm sure you all will.:-D

9. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Have a smeg-tastic time!

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

hope everyone has a good time :-)

11. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

Enjoy everyone! 2 weeks before I even get a sniff of the set!

12. SmegEd

SmegEd Skutter

I shall be heading to this Friday's viewing, which is gonna be instantly the best day so far of 2012 (and it's not like it's been a bad one). Is there a guide for peep's on which entrance into Shepperton for parking to use, or what time to be there by. My car load will probably get into the area early and head to The Goat pub for some grub beforehand to keep it safe.

13. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

could you capture the essence in a bottle?

14. Sparky

Sparky Supply Officer

You need to use the back entrance (wa-hey!) to Shepperton, just off a little roundabout that doesn't have the exit marked. I think there's a photograph of it in one of the threads in this conference, but I'll be buggered (wa-hey!) if I can remember which one.

If I remember correctly, doors close at 6.00pm, so you need to be in the holding pen before then.