Why do people pre-order?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by TheAmazingDannyKing, Jun 16, 2009.

1. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Just curious really.

I walked into HMV last thing on the first day after work, and found five rows and two columns of the comedy section heaving with copies of Back to Earth, at just £12.99, which seemed oddly cheap for the first day of release?

What benefits do you get from a pre-order?

2. Aimi

Aimi Catering Officer

I think it's the excitement of knowing you've bought it and you just have to wait for it to land on the doormat, sometimes a day or two early. I don't have the new DVD as yet

3. hpm

hpm Skutter

With the price of DVDs in Ireland i buy most of my things off the Internet, so it made sense to pre-order it.I haven't seen it in HMV yet but i bet it will something like 25 euros such a rip off over here.

4. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

I just pre-order because I'm both lazy and forgetful (of some things). This way I don't need to remember when it's out, and then I don't need to leave the house to get it either.

5. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

I don't work in the town centre so I can't get to the shops on the day of release. Then I would need to pay for parking or bus/tram so it works out cheaper. Plus as with BTE theres a strong chance of getting it before the official release.

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I went into HMV today and it was around £14-15!

Sometimes items are actually lower in price when they're first released, then it goes up later. Preordering sometimes allows you to get that discount. That being said, waiting a couple of years, the item will likely be far bellow both order and preorder prices (depending on the DVD of course.) but I doubt I'll wait that long for this DVD.

I can't get it yet unfortunatley being low on funds but I doubt I'll get it soon.

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It's cheapness and receiving it a few days early for me. That and because I hate queuing in shops.