Why do Psirens & Duct Soup get a bad rep?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Springyard, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I didn't get it before hand, either.

When I got the DVD I switched on the subtitles to catch what character said. (I do that quite often on DVDs and online recordings in general.)

I actually found the joke amusing but some silly humour has that affect on me.

2. Captain_Star

Captain_Star Third Technician

It didn't help that the script for Psirens was published a few months before the episode aired, allowing fans to judge the original funnier script before the leaden direction & poor editing killed 30% of the jokes.

3. Goit_84

Goit_84 First Technician

"I'm almost annoyed"

Psirens is a classic.

"Boy is it cramped!"

Duct Soup is one of the better VII episodes imo. It would, however, have been 10x with Rimmer, but that goes for every episode in VII.

4. mychemicaldwarf

mychemicaldwarf Second Technician

Sign me up for the "never heard of that burger line before" club. I always thought the splatter was blood too.

As for the episode, it's ok. Just a fairly average episode really. Duct Soup is pretty much turgid. To be honest, everything with Kochanski in is pretty turgid. I get annoyed when people say a female character doesn't work, i don't think it has anything to do with that. And it has nothing to do with Chloe either. The character just plain outright sucks. Towards the end of VII the character is getting better, but then the whole of series VIII (apart from Cassandra) is a complete trainwreck so it's hard to judge.

Edit: Geek mode engaged... Just out of curiosity, is there any way of knowing who was first on board...Lister or the Psiren??