Why don't people like ...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DivineVarod, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jonsmadd

Jonsmadd Skutter

It was sort of supposed to be a more impressive dance routine moment than tongue tied. The cat dreamt the first, and was in artificial reality this time, so it was a break out moment of his character taking the world on. it makes total sense that it would happen in non reality when they were watching his characters actions to be judged in the trail, but too many people have judged it as a reality problem. In terms of the humour cat centric longer set pieces rarely fire as well as lister krtyen or rimmer stuff. He's better at scene stealing one liners. But I dont mind it as a one off thing. Probably wasn't worth the full effort that went into it.

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i think with random chattering teeth and random dancing blue midgets id think even in non-reality the crew would question how any of that was possible

its a comedy i get that

3. RebelWabbit

RebelWabbit Second Technician

Plenty of Red Dwarf was cheesy, that's what enlightened the story's flukes. It gave the show more room for error, given so many things had already been conflicting in the script. One might sense that they were just trying to ease the tension on all of those story line issues. The entire silliness overall of there being a vindaloos curry beast just proves my point. Or, Ace Rimmer wrestling a crocodile and flying it down to the ground. So many goofy parts of the story, such funny parts really. I honestly couldn't see the whole story being any better than the result we had received by The End.

I must complain though, the new Red Dwarf X series had some quite confusing conversations and theories that would only leave me questioning on why and when should I laugh. Though, I have to say... they've said and done some seriously hilarious things during RD X. :-D

4. Goit_84

Goit_84 First Technician

It was as uncomfortable as smothering ones genitalia in fish paste and dangling them in a pool of hungry piranhas.

5. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Good point, well said. :-)

I personally find it to be a fun scene. And it's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect from Cat in that situation. I can sort of understand why some don't like it so much, but as you say it seems the non-reality aspect has been missed by some.

6. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

What? :?

7. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Ouch

8. DaveHOz

DaveHOz Third Technician

I'm with you on this... Very disturbing!