Why was my topic deleted?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Gavavva, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Gavavva

Gavavva Skutter

The mods here are a little too trigger happy on the delete/lock button. At least give me a reason why my perfectly valid topic on the Red Dwarf laughter track video was deleted? If it was a link to a you tube video, then fine, but you edit the persons post and tell them it cant be posted here, removing the link.

You mods/admins are a tad useless here. How the hell do you expect people to follow the rules if you are just going to delete everything in site...? What a shame. Get some new people running these forums...

2. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Sorry, but uh, I'm pretty sure your post would have been deleted for good reason. Sounds to me like you posted a link to the full episode on YouTube?

It's not exactly Andrew's fault you can't follow the forum guidelines or read the stickies is it?

3. Holly_Hilly

Holly_Hilly Third Technician

They're really busy, the Forums are getting more people visiting them than they ever have.

The reason for deleting the thread was probably due to copyright reasons. I'm sure it's stated somewhere in the Forum Rules.

4. Gavavva

Gavavva Skutter

I posted a link to 2mins of video footage with a laughter track added. Hardly destroying anything. But then, as an admin of a forum myself, I know the best course of action would of been to lock the thread, edit the link out, and slap my wrists. Deleting the topic means that in about 10 mins, somebody else is going to be posting the same thing, and it will go on, and on, and on...

I haven't been to such a rude forum in a very long time as this, and its really tainting my view on this community to be honest. The whole "guilty until proven GUILITY" thing is taken far too far here. Some of you need to get rid of this God complex you have, as pronto.

5. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

You just sound like you're a bit burnt and you're lashing out to be honest.

If you have run or even moderated your own forum than you would know better than to start a thread like this, and to take the matter up with Andrew in private. Instead you're just airing your dirty laundry, so that's hypocritical right there.

Also, I don't think you have any real right to tell anybody how to run their board. It's their style and there's no real rules on it. Considering the huge scale of the level of posting on here at the moment due to this being the offical board of a national television show, something you no doubt have no experience in, plus being a lone staff member when most forums of even half the scale have like 5-10 staff, I'd cut the guy some slack.

Either way you're not making a good impression ON the community with this behavour.

6. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

Yep and it seem's that quite a few of those people who have joined to vent each seem to have a penchant for creating their own pesonal "I Hate BTE" threads rather than posting their opinions in the already existing thread, thus making the forum look a mess.. :x

7. bar10dr

bar10dr Third Technician

I'm one of the people who found the place after the series, but I plan to stick around.

It will all calm down after a week or two I think :-)

8. sherbz

sherbz Third Technician

And this just smacks of "you" (or the moderators, or other such people who have an agenda) wanting to shut down or stifle opinions that contradict the "agenda" that you are trying to push. Who cares if your forum looks a mess? I bet you wouldnt say the same thing if your show was any good as opposed to sucking!!!! I wasnt rude and my topic got locked. Another person wasnt rude and his topic was shut off (and was critical of the show.....coincidence?). I tried to introduce a new area of debating having watched the new episodes, which is why i titled it "comments on BTE and general points about series 9/10". This wasnt specific enough IMO to post it in the BTE post. But it got locked anyway. I agree that the moderators are a bit trigger happy. It gives the impression that this forum is policed and frequented by inbred fans who like nothing better than to exclaim to each other how good the new episodes were and how they simply must have a new series launched. Seriously guys, if this is the case, then are dave or doug paying you for it? I have no problem with andrew as he was quite polite about locking my post (although he didnt say it was locked) but opinions that just slam other negative opinions based upon the rules are rather childish IMO.

9. Squizz

Squizz Guest

It would be for copyright laws, the clip would have been uploaded to youtube without the consent of the owners, hence breaking copyright. Things are taken down from youtube for this reason every hour, it's hardly a big deal that they deleted your thread, there well within their right to also have the video taken down from youtube. So your not being penalised,

10. mrtrebus

mrtrebus Second Technician

Don't worry, in another reality your post wasn't removed & is one of the most popular on the forum! ;-)

11. sherbz

sherbz Third Technician

In an ironic sense its a shame when people confuse reality with unreality. Live in your fantsy world if you wish.

12. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Seeing as the link had already been posted elsewhere only a few shorts days ago, and we're piling high with users ignoring existing threads to start their own on the same subject, we're trying to keep things a little organised over this extremely busy weekend.

Apologies for not emailing every time this happens, but there simply hasn't been the time.

13. mrtrebus

mrtrebus Second Technician

Ooooo! :lol:

14. sherbz

sherbz Third Technician

I wasnt talking about you i quoted someone else. I too think all of this childish sniping is stupid. But i resent the fact that certain community members seem intent upon trying to silence other fans via the back door by using completely rubbish arguments like: "you only joined to slate the series so why bother". Concerned fans have joined this forum because they are pretty disgusted about why the series was as bad as it was. The problem with internet forums is that you only tend to get a hard core of nutters who like the show whatever. This (in a rather sad sense i admit) is why i frequent these forums when there is something i dont like. Because i would be appalled that the creators thought everything was hunkey dorey when clearly it was not. Every negative counts for more positives on forums like these and people would do well to tremember that fact.

15. matgrowcott

matgrowcott Skutter

Sherbz:

You've obviously not visited the Internet Movie Database 'Red Dwarf' forum. Anyone who admits to liking the specials is rapidly and painfully insulted by the same 10 or 11 people who just simply cannot accept that opinions differ.

This, being the official forum, may be slightly biased towards the specials. I don't know. But to say the specials lacked quality and you think the team behind it should know that is nonsense. Not because you're wrong, because you're not right. They created something they all had great confidence in, they all enjoyed being involved (It seems) and they've given a lot of people pleasure. What more could they possibly want?

No doubt they are not naive enough to think every fan would like the specials. They will have learnt that they tread a very fine line with fans since the last two series. Either way, the specials are what they are and I for one loved them.

16. Chuckney

Chuckney Skutter

That's an unfortunate typo. :-D I would love to live in a fancy world.

17. DavidS

DavidS Third Technician

i just watch that laugh track version, its ok but not good, red dwarf studios needs to do it, it will be much better, if they dont put in a laugh track i dont think i will get the dvd. as for your post being cut, admin can do what they like thats why they are admin, it sucks that we live in a copyright world but we do, the people who put money into films and tv want it back and then some, thats life :P