Will anyone stop watching RDX?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Whisper, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

I see a lot of displeasure with with RDX. Some very strong views around what the show is no longer providing them in contrast to the previous series.

For all felt disheartened by RDX, I want ask if you would stop watching the remaining episodes?

2. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Red dwarf was a big part of my life growing up, i won't stop watching because i need to know what happens. i will probably buy the dvd. but at the moment that's mainly for the making of documentary. if i don't like it i just won't watch it again. I've hardy ever watched anything post VI in the last 8 years. the last 2 series i really only watched once on dvd.

3. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Nope because the best sounding episodes are all in the second half

4. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Why on Earth would I stop watching? On Thursday they showed the best Episode, totally enjoy watching it, can only wait and see if the rest of the series matches up to the excellence.

5. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

No, because I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm not going to let a bunch of random people I don't even know on an internet forum spoil that.

6. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

i will be watching because i love red dwarf and the first two episodes were quite good but can people stop saying lemons was the best episode it was the worst so far

7. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Surely I thought this sort of thing is subjective

8. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

I enjoyed the first episode. So despite the dramatic drop in quality I will continue watching in the hope that it can be funny again. . .8)

9. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Exactly.

I refuse to say that the best episode was the worst, Lemons was brilliant.

10. james3325

Lemons is the first episode to get worse with every viewing

11. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I can see that you and I come from different viewpoints, but thats fine, we're both Fans of Red Dwarf and a healthy disagreement is all ok. You obviously don't like Lemons, but I do, I'm sure that theres episodes you really enjoy that aren;t there as ones I like.

12. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Damn, I didn't realise james3325 had taken over as forum administrator. James, you'd better drop me an email so we can sort out a proper handover and stuff.

Why didn't anyone tell me before this, though? It's a really odd way to find out.

13. simulant37

I did try & watch it again, & came to the same conclusion. It is the single most terrible episode of any sitcom ever in the history of sitcom worldwide. Even worse than So Haunt Me & Come Back Mrs Noah. Actually I hope they have a Come Back Mrs Noah crossover episode in Red Dwarf X. ;-)

14. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

No... because I disagree. I rate Lemons up there with the best of Red Dwarf. Surely its all down to personal taste? :-)

15. simulant37

He hasn't. . .:?

16. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

Lemons seems to be Series 10's marmite episode... Which is cool, I find it really interesting how different people can have such massively different views.

17. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

as admin he would be no more right then wrong anyway

18. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Emotions are clearly going to run high as each episode airs. People who love it vs people who don't. Is natural..
    Just try and chill on it a bit guys. 8) except for kyle, all his opinions are wrong.

19. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I would never stop watching, even if I'd hated the first three. I'm too much of a fan to not want to watch new episodes.

As it happens, one of the episodes so far has become one of my all-time favourites.

20. james3325

ha ha ha brilliant i didnt hate it that much but i cant argue with you it was pretty bad