Will anyone stop watching RDX?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Whisper, Oct 20, 2012.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

It was way up there as one of my favourites when I was at the recording, perhaps its partly due to the fact that I enjoy seeing how things are made... Will continue this in the Lemons thread.

2. Butterpat_head

Butterpat_head Third Technician

Well I am going to keep on watching, as I am enjoying it so far.
    I wasnt expecting comedy up at the level of series 2 to 6 so am not disappointed.

On the subject of lemons, the only let-down was the Jesus character himself, who I didnt find funny, but there were plenty of good gags in there.

3. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

i feel sorry for anyone who was subjected to lemons live :crying:

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

From what I've heard, those who did see it live loved it.

5. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

i actually think it may of been passable if it wasnt for the guy playing jesus

6. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Yeah, I'd happily even go to an episode live even if it did turn out to be a bad episode overal.. What an experience those lucky people had! And they were even lucky enough to have seen a good episode in 'lemons'

I'll defiantly have to go to one for series 11 8)

7. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Amen! :-)

8. Seymour_Clufley

Seymour_Clufley First Technician

Does the forum administrator get to decree which are the best and worst episodes?

A terrifying glimpse into your fascist conception of the job, Seb. ;-)

9. Sparky

Sparky Supply Officer

I thought 'Fathers and Suns' was the best episode of Series X... and co-incidentally was the one I saw being recorded. So maybe there is some correlation between being at the filming and finding it funnier than people who weren't at the filming and finding it total trash!

It would be interesting for a few people to make notes of exactly when and what they find in the next episode, and compare... to see at what points people find it hilarious, and others not at all - especially if you compare people who were at the recording vs people who weren't.

Certainly I thought 'Lemons' was pretty dire and it barely raised a smile in the first half (and with an odd place for a break?) so I can't understand why some people think it's the funniest thing ever... but some people obviously do.

10. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Have mentioned the biased factor before. :-)

11. betelgeuse

betelgeuse Catering Officer

No, I will never stop watching Red Dwarf as long as it airs.

12. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

i think this is a good point. if i had seen the filming it would probably make me like the episode more even when watching it later.

13. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Absolutely, same here. I'm also jealous of anyone who got to see Lemons, or indeed, any of the new series recorded live!

14. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

It all depends on your perspective - I have honestly considered it to be mostly well-received from what feedback I've seen and all my friends who have seen it have been enjoying it.

Either way, it's the viewing figures that will really tell the tale and they seem to be holding out strong so far which can only be a good sign.

15. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

Really pleased to see that the general consensus is that no one will stop watching RD.

Guess at the end of the day, after all the love and hate, the underlying theme is we all want to stick with RD :-D

16. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

We don't all want to. I still haven't watched series 8. If Lemons was the first episode of X I would not watch anymore, I am continuing to watch based on my enjoyment of episode 1 & the hope that it will get better after 2 terrible episodes. If it does not & another series is made I will not watch it. I will bid goodbye to the once great Red Dwarf & dream that it crashes into the sun (with Doug Naylor at the helm!!!!) :x:x:x:x:x

17. MacabreMagpie

It's ironic that you've never watched series 8, given the quote in your sig.

Though, granted, you need to have watched series 8 to understand why it's ironic.

18. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Elaborate

19. MacabreMagpie

Kryten's main story in the first episode involves him struggling to master holding two seemingly contradictory ideas at the same time.

20. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

No, but I get to tell people what they can and can't post, which is what I was being glib and sarcastic about there.