Will anyone stop watching RDX?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Whisper, Oct 20, 2012.

1. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

It's only a few impossible to please folk on here that are saying anything other than the overwhelming majority - Series 10 has been fantastic.

So no way I'll stop watching!

2. TouchT1701

TouchT1701 Third Technician

Heck no, I won't stop! How often do you get "NEW" Red Dwarf, unless you slowly dole it out to yourself. ;-)
    Seriously though, I would hope that Doug brings in some fresh writing perspective next series; some people to up his game on, to spark with. I just imagine doing it ALL by yourself might be a little too taxing.
    Although I wasn't gutted by Lemons, it didn't wow me either much. Repeat views have been smaller as we've gone on... Trojan, I think I've watched 6 or so times, really paying attention. Father And Suns; not as much, and only paying as much as attention when it catches me. Lemons, well, about 3 times, there's stuff that you miss the first go around, but it's not as engaging. I'd guess that Trojan highly benefited from it's "newness".

3. Skemekos

Skemekos Third Technician

Um...people have different tastes. Episode 3 is my fave so far and I think episode 2 is the worst so far.
    Please dont tell people what to like and what not to like.

4. GoBronson

GoBronson Skutter

If you can't sit through a couple more episodes then you've probably got ants in your pants and might want to get that checked out.

I have loved the return to form that X has given us and it is a HUGE step up from all that time wasted around the seasons which won't be mentioned...

I love that the look and feel of the show is back to what it should be and there is no way I could not watch the last few eps....what if that's all we get!

Dun dun daaaaaaaaaaah!

5. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Kinda seems silly to stop watching now given their are only 3 left, and are actually the best sounding ones too. I mean we've come this far you might as well finish it.

6. Fairfax

Fairfax Catering Officer

That`s not at all true though is it.

Anyway, I will watch the remaining episodes because I loved the first 6 series of the show and because it will be easy to watch them on Dave as they will doubtless be repeated a few times.

I probably won`t buy the DVD as I don`t think I would watch it enough times to get value for money. The documentary, according to the guy making it, doesn`t contain a section about the movie (though I`m sure it`s mentioned) and so that will have limited appeal to me as I haven`t really enjoyed the series thus far.

7. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

This, coupled with the fact that I love the first 3 episodes :-D

I feel RDX is a return to form - an up to date series 3/4 that could do with polishing but nothing major wrong with it

8. dodgebizkit

And I will say in the least bumlicky way possible that I think you do a fine job. I have been on forums where I felt hitler was in charge. Specifically, one that comes to mind is a forum for the band limp bizkit. This romanian guy called Alex, who hates the band runs it and bans people as a hobby. He chooses people as moderators who are sarcastic and rude to mwembers because they make him laugh and all of the "staff" are trolls and haters of the subject matter, and I'm not even joking. I stopped posting there after a post I made saying that i loved the new album got me a post saying "F**ing fanboy" from a forum moderator :/ Simulant would feel right at home there :P

Also can lister stop saying that curry is good?:roll:

9. CharlieTeague

CharlieTeague First Technician

That pretty much sums up the internet. Also, why do we keep picking on simulant37? He's actually got a few good points.

10. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

He has?!?!

11. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

I don't know, that is how I've seen it thus far. It confuses me that people think it's a mixed/overly negative reaction.

12. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

I don't know, that is how I've seen it thus far. It confuses me that people think it's a mixed/overly negative reaction.

13. dodgebizkit

He keeps them well hidden :-D

I've already told him I find him funny, and I am playing - he is just easy fodder when you need an example of a hater because he tends to hate most things. He probably even hates me. As a child I bet he even hated Thomas the Tank Engine, that's how dedicated to haterism he is :-D He stopped watching RDX before RD Series 1 was even written. That is true dedication.

14. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

Regarding the opening question, I won't stop watching RDX as although I rated Lemons as one of the worst episodes of RD, I also thought that Trojan was the best since Tikka, and for that alone I will carry on watching. Also I like what I've seen of Entangled, just hoping all the best jokes weren't put as the trailer!

RAGE

15. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Everything about Sim's sig is ironic!

16. Fairfax

Fairfax Catering Officer

I think maybe you misread someone`s post.

The comment from another poster was that RDX is fantastic and the only people who don`t think so are a few posters here who are seeking to find fault with everything. That`s obviously factually inaccurate.

17. Rue_Dwarf

Rue_Dwarf Supply Officer

I grew up with RD and I would be at a loss if I didn't continue to follow it! xD

I've been enjoying the RDX series and have been observing it with an open mind. I find if I start to analyse something a bit too much, then it begins to detract from the main entertainment value of the show/s, so I try not to pick holes and go with it :-) Everything has its ups and downs, just like life in general, including any contradictory behaviours/occurences and story turns. I think it's still refreshingly different from anything else currently on TV and as such am thankful for it's existence :-)

But that's just me; the course of my life has caused me to take that view :-p

18. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

to say everyone is happy with RDX would be a lie, but i know its won alot of people over and to say just because people don't like some what they have seen so far in RDX that means they are just finding faults is stupid

i think series 1-6 are incredibly strong series and alot of fans have a strong passion for them series

i'd personally put what i seen so far of RDX in the same camp as the best of series 7 with episodes like tikka to ride

19. ben996

ben996 First Technician

In answer to the op, I will watch RD to the day it finishes regardless of the quality. The same applies to films, if I watch Child's Play 1 and hate it I will still watch the sequels just for curiosity and because I've seen one of them, that's just me.

Series X has been, so far the 2nd worst series behind 9, Trojan had shades of brilliance and I think if Rob Grant had co-wrote it it could have been up there with the best episodes, but sadly that's not the case. And the next 2 have been in my worst 5 RD episodes ever in my opinion, just hope the next 3 are a lot better, but I won't hold my breath.

20. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

Simmy, your sarcasm detectors appear to be broken :eek: