Will Doug ever write a script with Andrew???

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant E, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Never seen your episode of Doctors you wrote... i'm sure it was good.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

What Carbug script is this? Have I missed something?

3. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think he's referring to the Top Gear Carbug review parody where Chris Barrie channels his inner Clarkson. It was one of the videos on the on-line promotional game for Back to Earth.

Not that I agree with Anti-Everything's assessment.

4. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

What?? You thought it was funny???

Are you a fan of the Vicar of Dibley by any chance?

5. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

It wasn't all that laugh out loud funny for me, it was just a bit of fun. I just took it in that spirit. Chris Barrie's impersonation (or rather 'pseudo-impersonation', he was hardly trying to capture Clarkson exactly) was worth a smile. (Sorry Andrew, I can see that might look really condescending. I don't mean it that way.)

Heh, I didn't read that properly and seeing 'Dibley' thought of another famous Dwarf character....

.. as to your question, 'fan' would be strong*. It's not my favourite show but I didn't find it dislikeable. Actually the happy ending finale was a bit wince-worthy.

*I know what you're suggesting by the way, but I'm going with it and answer as if it was a straight out question. I'm not sure how liking the parody equates with liking the Vicar of Dibley though as the humour is very different.

6. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

I thought it was funny. Not that I have any judging power, being a teenager and all.