Will they crack 100 episodes?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Jarvio, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Jarvio

Jarvio Second Technician

My OCD really wants this to happen, and it would also be great if the show ended on a round number of series too.

If series xiii, xiv, and xv happen, and all have 9 episodes each, this would take the total number of episodes to 100 exactly! Ambitious I know, but it would be so cool.

What do you think is likely to happen regarding future series and making it to 100 episodes?

Ant E likes this.
  2. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I don't really see any 9-episode series happening, and I'd be a tad shocked if the show hit three or more further series, but I suppose it could happen.

3. Smelkus

Smelkus Third Technician

Pesonally I dont think so as series dont come out on a consistant basis. It's not like South Park which has been on air later than Red Dwarf but is almost on its 300th episode because they show a series every year

4. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

VII and VIII did suddenly go out to eight episodes, but no I can't see Dave changing the six-episode format. A series XIII and XIV wouldn't surprise me, the cast and crew all seem keen, and Dave seems happy.

The Cat likes this.
  5. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I hightly doubt it.

6. wavesd

wavesd Third Technician

I think this is a long way off, I tend to agree with what others have said - the six episode format is very likely to remain.

There are a number of things that the whole thing depends upon, I see Dave trying to get a good market on Comedy with Zapped and Taskmaster. Zapped is Baby Cow too, I would be interested as to how much interdependence there would be on the continued success of each programme.

For me X, XI and now XII really do feel fresh enough almost like something starting anew, so why not multiple series? But if I were asked to bet my house I would say two more series and then some kind of feature length or 2-3 parter to end the story. I suspect that Doug and the cast would want a proper goodbye this time instead of a period of limbo.

AJ Smegface, The Cat and Paul Taylor like this.
  7. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Well 100 eps would be 4 1/2 more series at 6 per series if my maths is correct. Hmmm maybe not but you never know.

8. Radio Pluto

Radio Pluto First Technician

36 was good enough. Fawlty had 12 and Father Ted had 25.

9. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

That could be another four series and another three-episode special.

10. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Aye it could happen, I might not get to see the lot though, i'm 51 now and I might be dead dave :-S before the end.