Would you be a huge Dwarf fan if you saw it for the first time today?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by R.I.P. 2000, Oct 4, 2017.

1. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

I'm honestly not sure, you know. How about the rest of you?

2. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Which episode am I watching

3. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

Your choice. Feel free to provide multiple answers for multiple scenarios!!

4. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

I think I would, yes!

I watched Hyperdrive for the first time and thought it was dreadful!

5. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Yeah probably

6. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Yes. I only discovered Red Dwarf during Christmas holidays in 2007 and I was hooked after 1 episode. I love older sci-fi more then anything recent and Red Dwarf just happens to be in a style that I love.

I agree with Ant e about Hyperdrive being dreadful, I have the first season on DVD and watched it just after Red Dwarf and it was hard to stomach.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. Zombie Smurf

Zombie Smurf Supply Officer

I saw it for the first time year and half ago (or less) and I became massive fan... The same would happen today.

8. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

The first episode I ever saw was the first repeat of Backwards on the 4th of October, 1990. I was bored and had nothing to do. I'd heard about Red Dwarf from others but had decided it was a load of rubbish and had no intention of ever watching the show. But I was bored so I watched the episode and immediately fell in love with the series. Everything about it looked amazing to me. But would I still fall in love with Red Dwarf if I saw the same episode in 2017? Backwards in 1990 looked amazing to me. And yet when I watch the same episode today it looks horribly dated and unfunny, and it's an episode I tend to avoid (though to be honest I think using backwards footage for laughs was a dated concept even back then). In conclusion, if my introduction to Red Dwarf today was Backwards I'm pretty sure I wouldn't become a fan. But would it be different for any other episode? I really don't know.

9. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

I think I would be too actually. Even if I was seeing my first Dwarf now....random episode ...... Yeah I still would be. Because , even I didn't like that particular episode all that much I would see the massive potential for my enjoyment of more of them. And really, I've had at least one or two good laugh's in even the poorest episode.