would you like see an 11th series?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Robert26, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Bawsy74

Bawsy74 Skutter

Bring them on!

Never mind a season every 3 years - the guys aren't getting any younger you know! Fire out a season every year like was pretty much done 1 through 6. :-)

2. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

And even then, not exactly. Series I and II were both 1988, Series III was 1989, and Series IV was 1991.

3. lewis1992

lewis1992 Third Technician

EVERYONE STOP COMPLAINING THAT SERIES X IS NOT LIKE SERIES VI !!!!!!

Series VI is 16 years old. The characters have EVOLVED.

Imagine reading a series of novels in which the characters don't age, change or evolve. It's boring and repetitive. Over time, Red Dwarf's audience has also evolved.

If Series VI is what you want, go and watch it. Fan of Red Dwarf X want something new and fresh. Clearly you do not, so good bye.

4. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

Thanks for posting the same thing twice in two places. Are you equally as intelligent as a space weevil?

5. KrytensPenis

KrytensPenis Third Technician

If tonight's brilliant Entangled episode is anything to go by, there should be a season XI. It hadn't been a fantastic season so far and Lemons is one of the weakest episodes throughout the series, only being marginally better than Meltdown.

Tonight's episode especially, along with Fathers and Suns has redeemed the series. Here's hoping for many more even better seasons to come :-)

6. ben996

ben996 First Technician

Me and you have very different opinions haha, I think Meltdown is a true classic and Fathers and Suns is one of the worst episodes the show has ever done, if not the worst

7. starlight84uk

starlight84uk Third Technician

Going by the quality of series X, I would SMEGGIN' LOVE ANOTHER SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay, the series is not as good as when RD was at it's peak, but my opinion is that it is almost there.

8. jaykhunter

jaykhunter Second Technician

Every time I see a Doug naylor tweet I'm hoping it's the announcement of S11's commission. That'd probably be saved for Dimension jump though. Here's hoping, loving RD being back.

9. LetoAtreides

LetoAtreides Skutter

Yes, I think there is plenty more to be got out of the concept and the humour. I have enjoyed all the episodes to some extent and three of the four were a reminder of the good old days of red dwarf. I think the approach of this season is the right way to go, focusing on the core things that make the program enjoyable. To make it work best it needs to be a regular, yearly thing though, to keep the continuity going.

10. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

Naylor tweeted today that DVD sales of RDX in both the UK and abroad will play a big part in determining if there is a Series XI. Seems like the willingness from all involved is there, they just need to see that the fanbase/audience is there as well! I'll certainly be ordering my copy of Series X as soon as it becomes available here in Canada. :-)

11. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Definitely, without doubt, the one thing above all else I'd love to see in an 11th series, is the return of Rob Grant. There have been quite a few positives about series X despite all it's flaws, but certainly, it does still feel like a key ingrediant is missing. And I think that is most certainly, the input of Rob Grant. I'm not saying he is better than Doug, amd I think had Doug been the one to leave instead of Rob, the series would have still suffered. Maybe not in the exact same way, but it would have been to the detriment of the show. It's them working together as a team that made the classic series' so special. If that team could reunite, Dwarf could be special again. I know it probably won't happen, but I'd dearly love it to happen.

12. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

i doubt Doug can write that much h good comedy that quickly.

13. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

I did my part and pre-ordered RDX here in Canada. January 8th release isn't too bad, although having it in time for Christmas would have been lovely!

In an ideal world, I would love to see Rob Grant return, along with one of (or both?) of Norman Lovett or Hattie Hayridge, if only for a brief appearance. But if the cards don't fall that way, I would be more than pleased with another series like Series X.

14. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I agree another series similar to series x would be good. 97% of fans seem very happy with what series x has turned out to be. 2% don't like it or just don't understand it, probably never really have understood red dwarf. 1% is talkie toaster and sits on the fence and doesn't know much about what to think about anything. Heh

15. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Well he has two unfilmed scripts left over from this series that one would assume are of higher quality than Dear Dave so, technically, he only needs to write four new episodes and he has already stated that his favourite RD episode is "the one I'm writing now", indicating that he's already begun writing at least one of those four.

16. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Well if DVD sales makes a difference I had already pre-ordered 2xDVD and 1x Bluray, the bluray is mine and the dvd's are xmas pressies for nephews.

17. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Honestly a series XI I think could be a good idea. I think series X re-setup the foundations of Red Dwarf very well but while all episodes had snatches of brilliance, only 2 have felt up to par with the show's glory years. Maybe another series with a bit more spit and polish could be exactly what the doctor ordered. While X hasn't exactly been as good as I wanted I feel that it shows promise for the future and I think Doug is capable of doing it too.

18. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

you spoken badly about this series as much as anyone so your just doing a typical harry post which is basicly just saying what the majority will say

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

and bring Ed Bye or Andy de Emmony back and have doug stick to just the scripts and less about budget and how to do his visual comedy

20. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

its ironic because most the episodes do seem half baked and not very well thought out