would you like see an 11th series?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Robert26, Oct 18, 2012.

1. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

Yes but something should change, get Norman back as Holly, and have Stabug as the main transport ship, and the main thing more comedy writers in, and a good comedy director getting Grant back is a no go I think. But for Doug to try and do most of it on his own its too much he should have more help.

2. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Have I?!

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

yes man you have and i have the texts to prove it ;-)

4. _Pree_

_Pree_ Skutter

I would love a series XI :-)

5. Diet_coke

Oh 'texts' as if I'd *text* you... :roll: give it a rest talkie

6. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

no body was asking you

8. simulant37

Err, yes they were. This question is aimed at anyone who reads it!! :x

PS - you mean nobody. . .:roll:

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

yeah but you don't count simy :roll:

i thought that was obvious :roll:

10. simulant37

Err, I do "count" obviously. . .:roll:

PS - stop derailing this thread! :twisted:

11. Diet_coke

Simmy, talkie finally has a point, you're the last person anyone's going to listen to when it comes to deciding whether a new series should be aired or not.

12. simulant37

Err, whether that is true or not is irrelevant. This thread is entitled "would you like to see an 11th series" not "if you could decide whether a new series should be aired or not would you like to see an 11th series". No one is positing the question of whether or not respondents to this thread have any power in the decision making of the airing of a new series & if they did would they want one.

PS - the airing of a new series is also different to a new series being made. Something could be made & not aired. So again you really are making yourself look foolish with your ill-informed responses. . .:roll:

13. Bawsy74

Bawsy74 Skutter

I'm sure he will have been writing them for the past year anyway! I think that if XI gets the nod, they'll be pretty much good to go.

14. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

Using predictive technology, we can already know that simulant37 will not like anything. There is now no need to have this conversation, and his next conversation will be a conversation wishing he had got to have the previous conversation...

15. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

So only 100 people have been watching new Red Dwarf. If that's the case then I doubt we'll see a new series.

16. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Yep. As others have said, see if Starbug can be brought back in (maybe the reason it hasn't is because they'd have to make the Starbug set closely resemble the old one - with Red Dwarf they can change the sets and just say they've moved to a new area of the ship - that and the cost). However, given how RDX has gone I don't think I'd want the return of Holly - I believe he/she would be largely redundant and get smeg-all lines, just like series VIII.

17. shireknight

shireknight Third Technician

Well 5 episodes in and I've liked (not loved) them all so far with the last one being the funniest, at first I thought the interaction with the vending machines was stupid but by the end of the episode I was openly laughing.

The only two problems I have with the series is A) that the characters look so old to me now yet the jokes have gone back in time to the early era and I don't think they match anymore and B) I really miss Kochanski being part of the crew, I thought she was brilliant in series 7 and really added to the interaction of the crew and it's a shame we've now lost that, and also lets be honest Chloe is gorgeous and to quote parallel universe Rimmer, it doesn't hurt to have a bit of "totty" on the ship.

So to sum up for me yes definitely a series 11 but please, please bring Chloe back or if she doesn't want to do it then another permanent female character...............what's the Russian hologram from Back to Earth doing at the moment, she would do nicely 8)

18. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

Whoops! I've just realised I misread the title of this thread before I posted in it last week... I thought it was "What would you like to see in an 11th series". lol :eek:ops:

I couldn't disagree more with the above poster... I really do not want to see Kochanski back in a hypothetical series XI, or another permanent female crew member for that matter. Kochanski (plus the lack of Rimmer) was definitely the thing I disliked most about series 7. The character worked a bit better in series 8, but still, I think the show going back to it's roots is the best thing for it. For me anyway! I wouldn't mind Hattie Hayridge's Holly coming back though. :-)

About the jokes not working because of the actors being older... I don't think age has much, if anything to do with that. It's the actor's overacting, and forcing their performances that's the problem. That really needs to be addressed if there's going to be a series XI I feel!

19. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Any chance we can get rid of these ad/spam accounts and posts that have appeared in the last few days?

Count me in as one of the ones who doesn't want Kochanski to return. It's annoying as it is for Lister to constantly go on about her and think everything is somehow related to her, but the Red Dwarf crew seem to be getting their "groove" back, and I wouldn't want anything else to come in and alter the chemistry.

20. suekay87

suekay87 First Technician

Dave's Facebook page just posted:

"So that's it - for now"

Pretty certain that means XI's on the way!!