would you like see an 11th series?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Robert26, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Rich_Stix

Rich_Stix Skutter

I'd LOVE to see an eleventh series!! I've been an avid fan since the start and love the direction it has taken in RDX, Granted it isn't the classic Red Dwarf, but things have to move with the times... This series to me was much better than 7, 8 and 9, bringing it back to the original Dwarfers (minus Holly)and I'd like to see it go out on a high note in season 11 if possible. If the sets are already made and the crew are willing, I think they could do something really special to do a wrap up series (hopefully ending in an hilarious and epic way... Maybe show Lister as the old man with the bottle-opener thumb telling young Dave about his sons Jim and Bexley (Future Echos) or Dave's marriage in the hotel to Kochanski... (Time Slides) You know, close some of the open ended plot pieces from the old series.

Obviously, I'm not a writer... but I'd like to see it come to a real conclusion instead of just floating away, 3,000,000 years into deep space never to be heard from again ;-)

2. haifaiffu

haifaiffu Skutter

Yeees! I loved the new series! Im an oldschool fan but seeing all the new stuff really takes me back, and it looks like everyone is having so much fun.. television need this kind of sci-fi..
    very very funny stuff,

3. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

"The Beginning" being such a great episode has thrown up a dilemma for me as far as this is concerned. If Red Dwarf were to end now, that episode would be a fitting end to the whole series. Because of it's actual content, vibe, and also it's high quality. I'd hate to see the series bow out on an inferior episode.

However, the high points in this series, and the last episode in particular give me great hope that if an 11th series were to be made, it would take that extra leap, and become a fully classic series in it's own right, alongside the original 6. If the good elements of this series were retained, the flaws ironed out, series 11 could be a classic. So, I'm undecided, but I'd certainly be up for a series 11, that's for sure! :-)

4. Ally1990

Ally1990 First Technician

Yes. Plain and simple. Any mistakes, as mentioned, could be ironed out, but it's so wonderful having Red Dwarf on air and being so good (for the most part), so yes. Why not?

5. SedatedTabloidReader

SedatedTabloidReader Skutter

Yes, but only if I could co-write it. :-)

But seriously folks, confirmation of a new series would not leave me feeling sad.

6. Kipperbein

Kipperbein Second Technician

How long do you think we will have to wait to find out if an eleventh series will be commissioned...........:?:

7. ShrunkenPixel

ShrunkenPixel Second Technician

I've heard people say that Dave are waiting to see how well the DVDs sell before making any big decisions.

I think Dave would be mad to not commission more Red Dwarf, I'm thinking we'll get a brand new series in 2013 regardless at this point, but if the DVDs sell especially well Dave might risk a bigger budget or more episodes in the run whereas if the DVD sales are only mild they may instead just try to duplicate the success of the 2012 season with only 6 episodes and the same budget.

8. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

If they do announce a new series, I don't think they'll announce it until next year and by the time the writing is finished, sets are done, production etc. is finished and getting the shows filmed and edited etc. I would imagine it would be maybe 2014 before a series XI would be broadcast if it is indeed going to happen. Remember, Series X was filmed almost a year ago and only made it to the screen 6 weeks ago. So if they do make them in the summer of 2013 or later in the year it could be summer 2014 or late 2014 before they make it to air.

9. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

I can't wait for more, series x was amazing, not flawless but amazing, and if it ends at RDX it would be a shame but at the same time it's a better series to end on than 8 for sure!

10. Rottencarrot

Rottencarrot Skutter

My only problem with RDX was that the episodes weren't as diverse as in earlier series. Also there wasn't any one episode which stood out as being particularly good. However I think overall RDX was good and certainly better than a lot of the later RD series. I was pleased they managed to maintain the same style of humor.

If they make an 11th series I think they need to get some new writers to give the show more variety.

11. MisterBuch

MisterBuch Second Technician

I would kill for an 11th series. It's not that I thought seriex X was so good it needs to carry on (although I do love it), but more that I really like endings. To me, Red Dwarf has always been primarily a story about four or five people trying to achieve a measure of happiness, and a good story needs an ending. Last Human is my faourite RD book by far, largely because it wraps everything up, and does so beautifully too.

So it's probably unlikely, and an odd thing to wish for in a light-hearted, popular Dave channel sitcom... but what I'd love is an 11th series and nothing more afterwards. One last solid season, in which Kochanski is found, Holly is given some mention or appearance, and something very satisfying happens at the end. I've been pining for that for 15 years or so. Series X kept hinting that something like it may finally happen before long. I really hope so.

12. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Doug does indeed need to bring back Ed bye and someone else and concentrate on his writing more

overall i think RDX was very underwhelming and dougs writing wasnt as tight and well done as it could have been

to give an example i would say that in fathers and suns when lister is shot into space while red dwarf is heading towards a sun and lister come into shot with a jet pack with some amazing heroic music playing which would be pretty great if we was watching lister returning to red dwarf to save the day but it ended up being more of a lister returns and says ok im back and we all know that pree is trying to kill us so now how do we defeat her? :shock:, which is abit of a missed opportunity really

13. andyjgscott

andyjgscott Skutter

Hell YES!!!!!! Please make at least another 3-4 seasons.... Have waited so many years for this... would be nice to keep it going before everyone including us the audience are to old to keep watching... Awesome show... should have never stopped keeps me laughing even from the 1st season to the last season... Bring it on.... Even if we have to crowd Fund it..... please more more more..... Please make a video game of it as well some time... Would be awesome to play a GTA version of red dwarf lol...

14. andyjgscott

andyjgscott Skutter

Hell YES!!!!!! Please make at least another 3-4 seasons.... Have waited so many years for this... would be nice to keep it going before everyone including us the audience are to old to keep watching... Awesome show... should have never stopped keeps me laughing even from the 1st season to the last season... Bring it on.... Even if we have to crowd Fund it..... please more more more..... Please make a video game of it as well some time... Would be awesome to play a GTA version of red dwarf lol...

15. suekay87

suekay87 First Technician

Do you know what I'd like alongside a new series - something akin to Tongue Tied ie. a funny novelty song, which was popular enough back in the early nineties, so can you imagine now if something like that went viral? It would be great at bringing people back to Red Dwarf, and extremely good at bringing in younger viewers :-)

In turn, it might see a bigger budget from Dave which would improve the overall quality of the show :-)

16. ClareGC

ClareGC Catering Officer

Yes.

Or, as already said...

17. Sylux024

Sylux024 Third Technician

Of course
    But since the last episode was called 'the beginning' in contrast to the first episode called 'the end' and it also finally ending on a high for Rimmer. I don't see it coming out :-(

18. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

there is a good chance it will happen

im abit mixed on it really, i mean i know everyone seems to love RDX but i thought doug could have done better and i don't just mean the last 2 episodes :shock:

20. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Perhaps it is best to leave things there and leave whatever happens to the crew up to ones own imagination.

But then again, naaaaaah, more Smeg please.