Wow....utter disappointment

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by axeman007, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axeman007

axeman007 Skutter

As a long term loyal fan of the truly quality Red Dwarf series I cannot begin to describe how disappointed I am in this new "trilogy"... I do not believe that such an attempt at cheap marketing of a series has ever been attempted, much less succeeded.... very disappointed in the writer's quest for residual earnings rather than to have been true to the series and written quality continuations of the series. Who cares if they reach earth, it is their misadventures in space we all want to see, all that made the fun of the original series. Truly disappointing in both quality and content, a sad attempt at elongating the series as a whole but only from a marketing perspective hoping to earn further residuals from a cheap trick, whereas the truly huge money wouldhave been made by making a quality trilogy....short-sightedness at its worst...too bad...

2. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

I love how people view the early series with rose tinted glasess and child-like innocence, whereas by the time BTE aired, everyone went very cynical al-a Charlie Brooker (I love Charlie Brooker i was just making a point about his cynicism, if that's a word)

3. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Again, if new users are coming on simply to give their opinion on the new episodes, there's a perfectly good thread already in place. Please do other posters the courtesy of seeing their contribution as equally as important as your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.