RDXII XI and XII Anniversary Lead ins?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by DivineVarod, Nov 20, 2017.

1. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

A lot of people talk about XII (and in a way some of XI) rehashing old ideas.

But what is forgotten is that both series are leading into the 30th anniversary. In recent interviews with Doug and the cast it was confirmed that especially series XII was meant as a lead into the anniversary, with Skipper as a semi anniversary special.

Several TV shows have done so before; especially Doctor Who; which had many episodes with call backs with flashback heavy The Name of the Doctor leading into the Day of the Doctor special.

I'm surprised Red Dwarf gets so much flack for doing so, as I think it's earned the right to celebrate it's past.

2. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Skipper would be good anniversary episode. I think they should record 7 episodes for XII, show 6 now and this one hold to February as birthday surprise.

I'm so looking forward for the birthday. I wish they make something special.

DivineVarod likes this.
  3. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

Sometimes I wonder if they recorded something secretly in the extra shooting week they added ...

4. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

Yeah, that extra week, I haven't realized it. It would be very nice...

DivineVarod likes this.
  5. Smelkus

Smelkus Third Technician

I wish they recorded 7 episodes instead of 6 because then their would be an even number of episodes it annoys me that their are currently 73 episodes of RD as its an odd number