Xi documentary

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by bilbobagenz, Oct 29, 2016.

1. bilbobagenz

bilbobagenz Third Technician

For those that didn't know , the 52 minute behind the scenes documentary is up to watch, on Amazon prime and other places I would imagine, nice to see this added to the season pass.
    I ordered the blu ray on the assumption this is the only way to see it.

2. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

It's a shame the documentary was released so early on the Series Pass as I can imagine they will lose a lot of DVD/Blu-Ray sales now.

But it's a brilliant documentary and well worth watching.

3. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

Totally agree - actually I was going to order the Bluray for any additional content but I might not now.

I prefer to keep most things digitally if possible, and have very few discs.

That said, well worth a few quid for the HD version to watch it now, even if you are still buying the discs.

What I do need to do, however, is buy the Series X Bluray. I actually know very little about the production problems experienced during Series X and presumably that is explained, and I can't find a similar making of anywhere.

4. bilbobagenz

I agree it may effect sales but I will buy the blueray for 2 reasons, one is the superior quality the second is to help fund and show my appreciation for the work done on a great piece of work, I think to sum it up and quote Cat from the doc if I may, if season 10 was classed as foreplay season 11 and 12 was a full blown orgy.

The season pass is good but won't have other out takes or smegups
    Not sure the spoiler policy on the documentary say wont say much other tgan its well worth watching.

Billy

5. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Probably won't affect overseas sales given that I can't watch it yet. Having said that I would get it on Bluray anyway was unlike after series X, I feel pretty happy with XI on the whole.....and I even got X on Bluray so it naturally will be part of my collection.

6. bilbobagenz

Did anybody notice next to the asclepious mask there is an Alien mask, possibly from season 12, then a red looking Kryton mask, not to mention the bit at the end re season 12 quarters.
    Great Doc with some nice extras.

7. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

The number of London Jets and Zero-G backgrounds and props also makes me wonder if we'll finally see some Zero-G action in Series XII.

8. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

This is good news indeed. :-) I've just bought the extras on google play. It's unfortunate that I'm unable to download them though. Instead I have to watch online and risk potential choppiness. It's a shame they don't makes downloads available for all paying customers as opposed to only making them available for those with fancy modern devises. Oh well. I'm really looking forward to watching the documentary later this evening. :-)