RDXI XI episode orders

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Whisper, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

Now that the series has ended, how to people feel that Twentica was changed from the last episode to being broadcasted as the first episode? Was this the right move?

2. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

We know the production order, but do we know for certain that order was the intended broadcast order?

It strikes me that sometimes they have to produce things in a certain order to work around the schedules of the non core actors or certain sets/locations being available.

Would be interesting to know if the intended broadcast order actually changed and why.

3. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that Twentica wasn't going to be the opener at first. Maybe it was felt that, as a gimmicky dress-up episode, it might make more of a splash and suck in new people.

4. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Personally I think if the ending to 'Officer Rimmer' had seen the Rimmer monster explode and freeze frame on its demise, this would have made the best last episode. 8)

The running order overall was quite good but for me the episode I least liked was 'Can of worms' so as the final ep. it was a bit disappointing for me. Having said that, if 'Can of worms' had been extended to a 40min episode I think it would have been so much near perfect. :-D

Twentica could have fit in almost anywhere but I do think as the first ep. it was a good choice exactly for the reason of the great wardrobe and sets.

5. Almighty_crj

Almighty_crj First Technician

I know Twentica was being filmed last but in what order were the other episodes filmed?

6. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

You can see the order here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Red_Dwarf_episodes#Red_Dwarf_XI_.282016.29

Essentially:

1) Give and Take
    2) Can of Worms
    3) Krysis
    4) Officer Rimmer
    5) Samsara
    6) Twentica