xmas

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Nov 29, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

So, are you one of those who spreads the cost over months and get things in dribs and drabs, or are you a last minute panicker, or maybe you're a miserable bleeder who just thinks of it the same as any other time of the year? Also, I still dress up in smart causal on Christmas day, is that still a thing?

2. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Well, xmas itself doesn't mean much to me but I do get in the holiday spirit for a few weeks centered around the end of Dec. to mid Jan. timeframe. I'm a last minute guy myself. A couple of days before the family Christmas (25 Dec.) I'll go out and get the presents and wrap them either that night or the next day. I'll dress "up" from my usual but not by much. Not really looking forward to this one ,xmas, as Mom made a horror show out of Thanksgiving this year.

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Deck Sergeant

What do you think of that horror show @neilold?

Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  4. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

I’m very much a last minute shopper but I’m good at that now, I get brilliant presents.

I dress fairly smart on Christmas Day as usually go to a restaurant with family.

5. neilold

Any horror show sounds good to me

6. neilold

Perhaps he's speaking clockwork orange nadsat, in which case horror show means good

Asclepius likes this.
  7. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I've been both kinds of Christmas shopper, but this year I hit it hard in early November and it's sorted now.

8. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Abe and Asclepius like this.
  9. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I tried to spread my savings out over the year and then I needed to pay to fix something expensive that ate into my christmas savings so it all ended up being all at once anyway. I'm hoping to have everything done and sorted out by next week. Still undecided if I will put decorations up, if I do that will be tomorrow since it will be the first.

10. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

And last year I got most things two days before Christmas and the last of my Christmas presents just after New year.

11. neilold

I quite like getting them in the new year, sort of extends Christmas and gives you something to look forward to post Christmas

12. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Not this one, trust me.

I can only wish. Love that movie btw, every edit, every version, every "directors cut" I've ever seen.

13. neilold

Yep me to, takes me back to my old skinhead days, who kinda adopted it as their official movie. Good Anthony Burgess book to

14. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I got presents for my friends kids sorted :-) part of my brothers present (I think I may keep one of the things for myself yet)

One of the sisters is getting money. I have no idea what she likes anymore.

Other sister its just a case of deciding what to get her. Probably end up being a Sims expansion, collectors Barbie doll or comic books.

Parents made things easy by getting a new bed so I will be getting them sheets.