Yank here

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Libertas, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Libertas

Libertas Skutter

Hello fellow dwarfers, so when the series 12 get released in Britain and any idea when we'll see it here in America?

And what was the explanation a reason behind changing Kryten's face?

2. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Depends entirely on whether any of your networks want to buy it. Have you had RDXI yet? It aired here in Australia in January and I just saw that the blu-ray/DVD came out recently. Pretty sure Doug and co aren't the barrier, as they want the cash!

As for Kryten's face... are you meaning from series 2 to 3 (different actor and face method), or the recent promotional material which made his face look a bit off?

3. Abe but more Halloween themed

Abe but more Halloween themed Deck Sergeant

Series twelve has not aired yet. Anywhere. It's not around until later this year. Season eleven is available on DVD, at the very least, here in America. I know this because I have it. Amazon.com is your best bet for getting it.

You'll find out why they changed Kryten's face in the XI documentary if you haven't watched that yet.

4. Libertas

Libertas Skutter

I read about complaints in Series 11 about his face, it wasn't till I heard the complaints until I realized why he looked different, plus he has put on a few pounds :lol: but haven't we all.

Yes, over here on Amazon I have all 11 series on instant video, just waiting for 12 and I thought it had aired in UK, no?

Are you by chance fans of either "Uncle" or "Count Arthur Strong" ? Waiting for Series 3 on those as well.

5. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

My impression is that Kryten's face changes more or less each season. I assumed it's because they gradually improve the technique to make it quicker and more comfortable for Robert. Like his Series III face took several hours and now it's half an hour, or something.

Series XII has yet to air in the UK, let alone anywhere else. I assume we're waitig for September, which is when XI aired last year.

6. Libertas

Libertas Skutter

What else do you watch currently and historically, British TV, that you like? I am just curious as I am always looking for new stuff.

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Robert likes to indulge himself every now and then and why not he's earned it wearing that mask for hours at a day! lol

8. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Kryten's face will change due to a fair few reasons, including Robert Llwellyn's age and his face changing, different techniques of making the mask, different materials (at one point he started seizing or something during make-up as he was allergic to some of the stuff being used) and, of course, any changes to the make-up staff (I would imagine there h ave been, but don't know for sure).

9. RainbowGazelle

RainbowGazelle Second Technician

Comedy-wise, I really enjoyed enjoyed Bottom and Still Game. Many people also enjoyed The Young Ones, although I didn't like that as much.
    For crime drama with a twist, Life On Mars and Ashes To Ashes were brilliant.
    For very lighthearted "whodunnit" crime mysteries, Death In Paradise is one of my favourite shows ever, and there's also Jonathan Creek.
    Sci-Fi has Doctor Who, obviously. I prefer the new stuff (ideally new Series 1-7).