Yes or No

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Rageofangels, May 3, 2011.

1. AJ Smegface

AJ Smegface Second Technician

Holly - Yes, as Hattie or Norman.
    Kochanski - Yes, but similar to series I and II when we saw her in flashbacks.
    Ace Rimmer - Yes, if it is linked to the series VIII climax / return of hologram Rimmer in Back To Earth.
    Polymorphs - Polymorph III... YES!
    Duane Dibbley - Yes, as I would like to see a Cat versus Dibbley confrontation.
    A story arc - Yes if it is about Lister's search for Kochanski (and isn't to influential on episode plots, (i.e. the current series of Dr Who), Dwarf is a comedy after all).
    More regulars - No
    More trips back to earth - No, I'd rather they keep it in space or on the ship.
    Talkie Toaster - Yes
    Skutters - Yes

2. skinpupgrasper

skinpupgrasper Skutter

Holly YES!! But Hattty Haybridge Holly i loved her sooo muh!!
    Kochanski Yes, but maybe in the finalie rather than her just being back
    Ace Rimmer No, he was funny but i dont think theirs anything else you can do with him
    Polymorphs No, its a classic Dawrf Monster. and a new series needs new monsters and new threats
    Duane Dibbley YES! HAHA Dibbley is awesome but i dont think he would work with out Ace
    A story arc Yeah that would be a brilliant thing to add to the series
    More regulars i dunno?! wha?..
    More trips back to earth No, i hated the fact that the crew werent real
    Talkie Toaster YES hehehe and their doesnt even need to be a reason!!
    SKutters ofcourse, you cant have red dwarf with out skutters

3. AJ Smegface

AJ Smegface Second Technician

Thinking about it now, I wouldn't mind seeing a recurring villain in the show, but with or without is still fine by me.

4. ch

ch Catering Officer

Holly, yes preferably Norman Lovett
    Kochanski, no, neither one, I didn't like the character
    Ace Rimmer, no, it would spoil the previous episodes with Ace
    Polymorphs, yes
    Duane Dibbley, no, same as Ace
    A story arc, dunno
    More regulars, no
    More trips back to earth, dunno
    Talkie Toaster, yes, I didn't really mis him, but he's funny
    SKutters (hangs head in shame), yes, I didn't really mis them, but they belong on RD

5. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

Holly - I would be happy to see Holly return. Hattie and/or Norman both brought some great one-liners to the show. It's true that Holly faded a bit into the background once Kryten arrived on the scene, but in Series' III, IV and V they still utilized the character effectively with episodes such as White Hole, Demons and Angels, Back to Reality, etc. Holly doesn't just need to pop in with a quick quip, she/he can be an effective part of a story.

Kochanski - Difficult to answer this one. I appreciated her character far more in Series VIII than I did in Series VII. To me, she is a bit like the early renditions of Captain Hollister, before he was turned into a caricature of his former self for Season VIII. Kochanski, much like that early rendition of Hollister, works best as a foil, or a "straight man" character. She isn't inherently funny and plainly lacks the charisma that the rest of the main cast posess. So she works as a straight face to their kooky antics. If she were used in that sense, I think she would be more likeable. But with that said, I think perhaps the best presence she could have in the new series is as an almost unattainable goal, similar to the "long journey back to Earth". Out of sight, somewhat out of mind, but periodically mentioned as the long term goal for Lister.

Ace Rimmer - If we see another version of Ace show up, I wouldn't be upset. If we somehow see our regular Rimmer turned into Ace for a third time, I'd probably roll my eyes a bit. But I'm confident in the writers.

Polymorphs - I have trouble of thinking of things they could do with this creature, but they are certainly a part of the RD universe. Coming across more of them wouldn't be unbelievable, but I think seeing them do more than just suck emotions out of the characters would be in store. Maybe they posess some other abilities that could be funny.

Duane Dibbley - See Ace.

A story arc - Not unless it's in the "long journey back to Earth" style I referenced when discussing Kochanski.

More regulars - Not necessarilly, but not totally unwelcome either.

More trips back to earth - I would rather see more trips to alien worlds, myself.

Talkie Toaster - If used in the same way it was in Seasons 1 and 2--periodic lines here and there--I think it would work. But as a centerpiece of a main cast member, probably not. Holly fills the same function.

SKutters (hangs head in shame) - Absolutely.

6. DespairSquid8

DespairSquid8 Second Technician

Well...

I started...

I said... Yes, Yes, Yes, YES, YES

& the neighbour complained, asking me to orgasm more quietly:eek:ops:

7. stacy111

stacy111 Skutter

everything is yes...yes..:-D:lol:

8. stacy111

stacy111 Skutter

everything is yes...yes..:-D:lol: