Your Favourite Red Dwarf Merchandise/Memorabilia

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Bluey, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Of all the Red Dwarf items you own, which do you treasure the most? It can be anything related to Red Dwarf: DVDs, models, books, posters, even signatures.

Mine is my increasingly rare and hard-to-obtain Six of the Best boxset from 1997. I purchased it from WHSmith mainly because I wanted the CD featuring a discussion between Rob Grant, Doug Naylor and Ed Bye. My boxset is extremely rare, however, because it's completely intact; it even contains the still-unpeeled hologram sticker. All of the second-hand Six of the Bests I've seen for sale on the internet don't appear to have the sticker included.

And, as I mentioned above, it's an item that's becoming increasingly hard to obtain; it doesn't even appear on Ebay too often.

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Appart from the DVDs of the series including Bodysnatcher and Back to Earth (which would really need to be my favourite item being the show itself.) I think it's got to be the headknockers. I've got The Inquisitor, Kryten and Duane Dibbley. (I used to have Lister, but he just went to pieces, poor chap.)

Yeah, I'm aware I listed a few items too. Oh, I love the little Starbug corgi too. Lovely detail. I wish I'd grabbed the playset on Play when I had the chance. I seem to remember it dropping under £20 at one point.

3. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

I have a letter inviting me to the screening of series 7, (for the laughter to be recorded), it should be in the loft with some other old Dwarf stuff.
    On display though I adore my Mr Flibble and my Starbug playset.

4. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I have a Series I Rimmer H and Lister's watch from Series II. I treasure them.

5. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

And I had to make one out of wood! (The H)

The Corgi Red Dwarf and Starbug. I have two of each, and the Starbugs kept breaking they're legs off. Miserable bastards. (Heh heh)

6. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

Mr Filbble is pretty much my favorite but the corgi red dwarf and starbug model would be next.

7. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

it's the Corgi models for too. including the skutter and the figures, allthough the starbug is definitely my favourite.

if i can get to the nexed DJ, I would love to get a photo of the main cast (and me) , or even just one of them. the pic would then be blown up, framed, the proudly displayed on my living room wall.
    i'm also hoping to get some of the in-show classic t-shirts as well (mugs murphy, london jets etc) and maby a can of leapard larger too.:-)

8. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I didn't realise it was that rare. Good thing I also kept the sticker unpeeled :-)

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

To peel, or not to peel: that is the question.

Actually, regarding that: it was normal to get two holograms with the boxset, wasn't it? One on the outside of the box and the sticker inside. It's just that I can never find any reference to the sticker on the inside; even the Red Dwarf Programme Guide mentions only the hologram on the outside of the box.

I gave the CD another listen to last night. It's an entertaining discussion.

10. Snipofsmeg

Snipofsmeg First Technician

I still have my six of the best with both holograms untouched.

11. Cpt_Darling

Cpt_Darling First Technician

I think my favourite piece of merchandise has to be the series VI booklet which contains my limerick, a few simple lines maybe, but I'm proud of being part of it.
    I also have a set of Ser V & VI BBC test discs which I believe are quite rare.