Your latest Red Dwarf purchases.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by kry102001, Aug 14, 2014.

1. kry102001

kry102001 Catering Officer

I am currently building up my Red Dwarf collection, with rare and collectible items, my collection to date is in the other thread I created, but, if so required, I am willing to list it here again, it is constantly growing and this will be updated on a regular basis.

2. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

It's a fine collection and worthy of adding her methinks. :-)

Here's my repost from the other thread:

I have all the series DVD's including Bodysnatchers and the two special editions featuring the corgi starbug and Scutter. I also have the Corgi ship models & figures set, the four novels, Craig Charles' "The Log", the 'Beat the Geek' DVD, 2 London Jets T-shirts, a personalised signed Norman Lovett photo and a reprint of a signed photo from Fathers & Sons.

The latter being my most recent RD-related purchase. And is also quite a prized possession for me as it's from the episode I saw filmed live. It doesn't fit perfectly in an A4 frame, so I printed off a Red boarder from an image of the ship's exterior. :-)

Also, just to prove my geekified loyalty I have an A2 poster of the series 1 DVD cover in my living room. I didn't buy that though, a friend kindly printed it off for me. I did pay for the ink and fancy photo paper though.

Additional: While not strictly Red Dwarf merchandise I do also have a Rimmer-esque Blue mandarin collar silk shirt, which I bought with the intention of using it as part of a Rimmer cosmume if I'm able to attend DJ next year, but have now taken to wearing it when out and about too.

I may upload some photos of a few things at some point too. :-)

3. kry102001

Just won two Red Dwarf tapes off ebay, so, they will be added to my collection, I have also bought the first 7 smegazines and another book, pictures to come soon...

4. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

If only I put my spare smegazines on ebay while you were going on a spree! I've been trying to get rid for ages now! lol

5. kry102001

If you have any Smegazines that are not issues 1-7, then, I would be interested, attempting to get the full set.

I paid £1.50 each for the ones I have, so, that price would be perfect, I am not flush with cash, if I was, I would be on Prop Gallery going nuts, lol.

At the moment, I am trying to reign it in for a bit, got to get control as it is very addictive, the buzz you get when you grab that rare item, well, let's just say ebay is loving me right now.

6. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

That's a nice collection so far. Apart from the DVDs and the novels I've not really got anything much extra myself, I picked up the Series VIII script book cheap from a discount book store and we had some of the books on tape at one stage, although they got chewed up by a rogue tape player quite some time ago. I'm not really one for collectibles much myself, although that doesn't stop me admiring the collections of those who are into that.

7. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I'll post a picture of my Red Dwarf shelves at some point once I clear off some of my fiancee's stuff blocking the view lol

I'll let you know once I get home from work!

8. kry102001

Okay Stephen, I look forward to some good news.

9. kry102001

Here are the pictures I promised of my new acquisitions (feel like Quark off DS9, all I need is some gold pressed latinum, hehe).

The first issue of Smegazine, part of my collection of Smegazines...

[​IMG]

Signed photo that came with my Virgin Shelf Wobblers...

[​IMG]

The Virgin Shelf Wobblers (very very rare)...

[​IMG]

Red Dwarf in my pocket sound maker (had this a while, but, only just took a picture)...

[​IMG]

Latest book I got, Craig Charles The Log...

[​IMG]

My six of the best VHS collection with loose Starbug sticker...

[​IMG]

More photo's will be posted when I get new items.

10. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Nice photos, kry10. Glad you finally managed to get your hands on a complete Six of the Best boxset.

I once had a read of The Log in the library, but it was monumentally unfunny.

11. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Which volume are your smegazines? My spares are Volume 2 No's 1-7.

Edit: Here's my collection before we started using it for more than just RD storage! It was so clean back then :-( lol

[​IMG]

12. kry102001

I have volume 1, numbers 1-7, I only have one issue of volume 2, not sure which one.

Ooooh, you have standies, nice collection.

13. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I'm coming up to the United game tomorrow lunch time. If you're willing to come near the stadium an hour or two before kick off somewhere I can bring them with me?

14. kry102001

I am busy tommorow, off to see Ant & Dec Saturday Takeaway Live at M.E.N. Arena.

If you can work out the cost of P&P and let me know, that would be great, I paid around £5.00 for the 7 I bought off ebay.

15. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

'Fraid not I'm in London ;-) You can have all 7 for a tenner? I'll let you know how much postage is Sunday via PM.

16. Santa Paws

Santa Paws Flight Co-Ordinator

kry10 - that's an impressive collection! 8)

17. kry102001

Thanks Kitty, it is always growing as I buy new stuff.

18. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Please can you give me your address.
    Please can you tell me when you are next going on holiday.

19. kry102001

Very sneaky, offer me a place to stay if they film Red Dwarf XI, then, whilst I am kipping on ya sofa, you nip to mine and grab my goodies, problem is....

You have to get past THIS...

[​IMG]

Not an easy task, lol.

20. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Shotgun to the face. Done! :twisted: