Your latest Red Dwarf purchases.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by kry102001, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Hollo_Marx

Hollo_Marx Catering Officer

Where did the little Lister and Rimmer come from? Were they boxed in with DVDs? I think I've seen shots of them in the box still. Those are probably hard to come by I imagine?

I find it crazy they've never released any proper action figures for the show. There HAS to be a market for that. I'd jump at the chance to have a little Lister, Rimmer, Kryten and Cat on my desk at work.

2. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I wouldn't either.

And nor would I do my own sound effects, like 'Neeee-aaaaaawwwwwwuuuuuuuu BOOOOOMMMM tatatatatatatata NNNNNNEEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWWWW PPPPUUUUUUUCCCCHCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'

Honestly :eek:ops:

3. kry102001

kry102001 Catering Officer

Those figures come as part of the corgi collection set, the one with Starbug and Red Dwarf in it, this one to be precise...

[​IMG]

I have them out of the box and a set still in the box.

I have just acquired a Dwayne Dibbley Bobblehead and the T-Shirts that Lister wears, the Jets and the D D D Don't shoot ones.

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I'd like to get one of those red dward/figures/Starbug multi-sets. Particularly as I broke the stanchion (thats what the legs are called right? I actually found that it from Marooned I think) of my current bug, and lack the other models.

I did did an online search recently and could I find them? Sigh.

I'd really like the playset. I remember it being pretty in cheap on Play.

5. kry102001

If you want the multipack, ebay, item number 400771572417

The playset is usually £70-£90

6. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

I wouldn't be able to resist taking things out of boxes if you please. . .:arrow:

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

I can believe it! I seem to remember it being around £20 on Play back in the day...

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

I can believe it! I seem to remember it being around £20 on Play back in the day...

9. kry102001

Same here, but, it is a highly prized collectable and the value reflects this.

10. simulant37

11. RDFan88

RDFan88 Third Technician

These are some collectible items that I have been picking up which are

Rat Arsed T-Shirt
    [​IMG]

Something's Coming and does not smell good T-Shirt
    [​IMG]

Duane Dibbley Duke Of Dork T-Shirt
    [​IMG]

There are many others to come but need to do some more editing down on the resolution picture for the posts :-(

12. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I succumbed to temptation and ordered the Starbug playset from Japan (that seems to be the main source of these things) recently.

A very nice thing, although I paid much more than I'd have liked. (Shortly after ordering it I think someone else sold it for rather less, but that's the way it goes sometimes.)

Is it worth the most money? It's hard to say. A very nice detailed thing. Smaller than I originally thought but lovely just the same.

I also purchased the small ship models/Lister and Rimmer model set a week or two before the playset. Very nice too. The Starbug model is probably closer to the show version than the playset. Not that I'm complaining.

13. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

Just added this to the collection.
    Starbug Crystal Etching

(For some reason it won't let me post the actual pic, despite being well below the maximum size.)

14. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

It's not worth that much. Someone might be trying to sell it for that, but that's probably only because they're not in production. They were readily available in shops when they were out - heck, I bought one (along with a Kryten and a Lister) when an FP stall at a convention were looking to shift them for about £2 each!

The scarcest of the bobbleheads is, I think, the Duane Dibbley one, as that was an exclusive with Beat the Geek when ordered from Play.

15. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

It's listed as new (presumably because it'll be old unopened stock), but that's not Play selling it. Play now only exists as a third-party-seller marketplace, like eBay but with fixed prices, and has done for a few years.. It's only listed as £1300 because someone on there thinks that it's worth that - I promise you, though, that that's not in the slightest bit reflective of its scarcity or value in the current market.

I could list an old toenail clipping on Play.com for £1300, but it would only be WORTH that amount of money if someone actually bought it at that price.

16. karnie

karnie Supply Officer

I would totally buy your toenail clipping, Seb, if it weren't for those outrageous overseas shipping rates.

17. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I honestly don't know! I'm not hugely up on some of the merch stuff - I know the books and comics quite well, but wider merchandise isn't really my area. Jezz and James from the Fan Club are the usual oracles for this kind of thing.

One thing that I know very rarely comes up for sale that I'm desperate to get my hands on is the Sevans Kryten model... and the "D-Form" Rimmer from the same company, come to that!

While we're on the topic, gave my own RD shelf a bit of a tidy up yesterday, here's how it now looks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(you may notice the absence of DVDs - it's not that I don't have 'em, they're just elsewhere!)

18. simulant37

To be honest Seb, I thought your collection would be bigger! Any signed stuff?

19. simulant37

Just a few quid out of your range!

20. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I have that many different collections of things that if I decided to go all-in on Dwarf, it'd be a bit much for our shelves (and my wallet!) to cope with - I'm just sticking to trying to get all the editions of the various books, and a few other bits and bobs here and there.

I've got a few of the books signed - my BTL hardcover I found in a charity shop with both Rob and Doug's signatures on - as well as my RDX DVD sleeve and the Pricesmashers sign (which came like that).