Your Red Dwarf Soundtrack

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by captainlisabeth, Dec 17, 2012.

1. captainlisabeth

captainlisabeth First Technician

The music in RD is amazing, let's face it, HOWEVER... are there any songs in your personal collection that make you think of a scene, a character, a relationship...?

One of mine - a silly one - is 'Hero' by Enrique. It'd be a hilarious one for a good ol' video montage of Ace... :lol:

2. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

I can see Prayer of St Francis by Sarah Mclachan fitting quite well with one of the show's sad moments, such as the death of Rimmer's dad in Better than Life or the Kochanski moment in BTE. It was used very well in Buffy the Vampire Slayer's series 6 finale, after Xander stopped Dark Willow, so maybe it could be used similarly in Red Dwarf. Possibly with the crew catching up with Kochanski and then her leaving again after Lister invites her to stay.

The song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFkjdFgqOY4

3. captainlisabeth

captainlisabeth First Technician

I loved this song in BTVS and I love what you've suggested for it here! :-D A truly beautiful song, but then I adore Sarah McLachlan anyway... ^_^ Great choice!

I tell you what I'd LOVE to see... the four of them doing a version of Bohemian Rhapsody!!!

4. mophead241

5. mophead241

6. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

When I first heard the song 'Last man alive' by Levellers I had recently been watching a few Red Dwarf ep's, so the title/chorus always reminds me of Lister (for obvious reasons:-( "Look out for the last man alive. Don't you wonder how he has lived so long?" I could see the chorus of this working quite well for a Lister DVD extras montage, or a Lister the Hero scene perhaps. :-)

Also, perhaps some of this kind of stuff could work well in some kind of dimension crossing scene(s).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_pHQFA5xU

Anyway, I'll try to come up with some more well known songs and get back to you. :-)

Oh and pretty much all music used in Buffy and Angel was always great, regardless of what kind of music they were using they always seemed to hit the nail on the head. I love the one posted earlier in the thread too. :-)

7. LastTimeLord

LastTimeLord Supply Officer

I don't know why, but if there was an extended version of Blue Midget or Starbug outrunning any huge explosions I'd want the last minute or so of the Dr Who track 'The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box) playing. It's just so epic.