Promised land Bluray

Discussion in 'RED DWARF: THE PROMISED LAND' started by bilbobagenz, Apr 9, 2020.

1. bilbobagenz

bilbobagenz Second Technician

Released 1st June

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Dwarf-Promised-Land-Blu-ray/dp/B0851M9L81

Extra Content:
    • The Promised Doc - Behind the scenes documentary (28 mins approx.)
    • Through An Audience’s Eyes - An additional, BBC exclusive behind the scenes featurette (14’25” approx.)
    • Red Dwarf: The Promised Land - Smeg Ups – Outtakes (7’30” approx.)
    • Red Dwarf: The Promised Land - Deleted Scenes - Deleted scenes (Just over 6mins)

dvd3500 and Ant E like this.
  2. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

Well, the running time of the documentary is slightly disappointing, but it's quite understandable taken the current state of the home media market.

However, all these features will be released today on UKTV Play, so the only 'extra' is the BBC exlusive behind the scenes.

3. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

Just ordered!!

4. CaptainBollocks

CaptainBollocks Second Technician

UKTV Play has uploaded the documentary, deleted scenes, and smeg ups to their website. The documentary was good, but didn't go very in-depth as XI, XII, and definitely not X; but considering they've just uploaded it for free, I'm not complaining.

5. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Supply Officer

What sucks in Australia is that they don't release any Blu Rays, besides BTE 10 years ago

6. smegrightoff

smegrightoff Third Technician

I finally got around to ordering it, and can't wait to finally watch it all the way through with no adverts or anything, to get the full Red Dwarf movie experience. It might be worth watching Back To Earth first, to get the direct contrast and comparison, as well as to see how much the actors have changed in that time. It's been 11 years hasn't it?

7. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

What “sucks” is a vacuum cleaner, Young man!!!

8. sgwark

sgwark Skutter

Actually, due to the coriolis force, our vacuum cleaners blow. And, to be in complete agreement with Eddie, the whole Red Dwarf situation sucks in Australia.

Is there any news about potential release dates for the Promised Land down here?

Ant E likes this.
  9. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

I think you’re brilliant

10. H is for Hologram

H is for Hologram Third Technician

I'm wondering when "The Promised Land" will be able to be streamed outside the UK. I don't even have a Bluray player, and I hate having to do things I'm not proud of in order to watch The Promised Land.

11. phalarope

phalarope Skutter

Same boat, outside the UK. I'm not even keen on streaming, since I don't have unlimited broadband and my ISP is price-gouging for extra GB due to covid-19 demand.

Amazon won't let me buy the thing either (won't ship it to the USA, grrrrr). So, I have put out a call to my British peeps, and have sorted a personal shopper/shipper to buy the DVDs, which I can play on my region-free player.

Buying a region-free DVD player was the single best purchase of my life.

12. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Supply Officer

I pre-ordered The Promised Land on Blu-ray a week and a half before June 1st but have been told it won't arrive at my address until June 6th (like quite a lot of Dwarfers have been told by Amazon). It's a shame but I suppose essential items take priority...let's just hope it does get to my house by the end of this week coming anyway.

Ant E likes this.
  13. UltraDevotee

Today I got some great news. My "The Promised Land" Blu-ray is going to arrive tomorrow! I suppose I am an Amazon Prime customer (because I wanted to watch the football in December and if Project Restart goes to plan I will see a bit more of it on there too) so maybe that is why mine is faster than expected as well. I hope everyone else who has ordered theirs from Amazon receives it snappier too.

Anyway, I finished watching Skipper on Tuesday but because I will watch this new special again either tomorrow or on this Tuesday and that is only at most a week on, really my Dwarfathon didn't finish with that amazing series 12 finale after all!

Pembers likes this.
  14. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

The delays to the DVD are inexcusable !!

What is mod @Seb and script editor @Andrew doing about it? :sulk:

15. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Console Officer

Gt My BluRay today, watching the extras now. :-)

16. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S
    mine hasn’t arrived at all!!!​

17. UltraDevotee

Got mine yesterday at about half 1. Had a nice time then immediately watching it - the one and a half hours being a great way to fill up an afternoon.

Watched the extras today...I thought they were all comprehensive, informative and interesting. You can see though that those deleted scenes are what they are for a reason - excised to keep it tighter and to 90 mins running length - though they were intriguing and the "When the tough gets tough, Rimmer starts running" (?) joke was quite amusing.

Hope other people get there's soon because it has been nice to basically resume my Dwarfathon 6 days later from Skipper. I will try and watch The Promised Land a couple more times in the coming month or 2 and the Xtended series 7/8 episodes too and then give RD a rest for some time. Hopefully we will get some more new RD too at some point in the not too far future and it sounds like it will be another special or two which is absolutely fine after the success of The Promised Land.

sundayforsammy likes this.
  18. UltraDevotee

Red Dwarf The Promised Land is at number 12 in the overall video (DVDs and Blu-rays sales combined) chart and the number 1 TV DVD/Blu-ray sold in its first week.

I cannot remember exactly but didn't series 11 and series 12 only reach number 3 and number 5 respectively in the TV ranking? So progress has been made, The Promised Land is a very strong romp also and there must surely be more new RD now (anyway Doug has tweeted today that if he was a betting man he is 100% certain there will be more new material).

Fingers crossed - if this horrible Covid smegger keeps reducing and there is no 2nd wave - that we will see more new RD in the pipeline as soon as possible.

19. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

20. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

I love how you call @Andrew by his appropriate title