Red Dwarf as the highest-rated digital show ever.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jacksmith, Apr 18, 2009.

1. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

So, with the fan opinion split arguabley more positive than negative and record-breaking ratings,
    i'd like to link you to this news article on RD.co.uk incase you've missed it! Here.
    It's hard to argue with those figures! So will Dave make more? If these were supposed to rekindle the old flame; they've done so in my mind. It's nice to be finally back in the Red. :-D

2. steveedster

steveedster Third Technician

I hope they make more... even critics of BTE cannot argue that it has the perfect lead off into a new series .... More Pls Dave! I even do wonder if other channel execs paid attention to those figures, i.e. ITV, C4 etc? They could double or triple that figure if not more on mainstream TV. Afterall its not unheard of for original major network progamming to switch over. i.e. Men Behaving Badly.

3. deadman_inc

deadman_inc Catering Officer

yo guys,
    i am in no doubt that there should if not will be more series of red dwarf to come (if the ratings are anyhing to go by).
    it is my opinion that "red dwarf - back to earth" proved to all that we are a nation of smeggies. also i have a feeling that the BBC are kicking themselves for abandoning this cultural tv icon. when i heard that red dwarf was returning i was willing it to arrive sooner than it did. the best plan of action for GRANT/NAYLOR PRODUCTIONS would be to make 1 or 2 more series to tie up loose ends and return lister and crew to what ever awaits them at earth. then follow that with a feature length movie that would encompass all the known novels published todate. what are your thoughts on this?

4. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

The viewing figures are amazing, and combined with Robert Llewelyn hinting that BTE could lead onto a new series, I'm optomistic that there will be one. :-D