Red Dwarf XII Episode 3 Buzz!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by UltraDevotee, Feb 11, 2016.

1. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Supply Officer

So a couple of days ago Richard tweeted that this episode was "a lot" of people's favourite series 12 script. After last week's not completely positive feedback that sounds promising.

However, on the same day later Andrew Ellard (is he script editor on the new material as well?) was re-tweeted on Richard's account saying that although it was one of his faves it was "divisive." I hope the fact that it was also described by Andrew as being "pretty out there" doesn't mean it's going to be like the horrible half of series 8. If it is the "fave" episode of series 12 yet is "divisive" then that possibly sounds a bit worrying.

Fingers crossed it won't get a mixed response again and will instead be like the former tweet - a top episode of series 12 getting a similarly great response to the eps. previous to the one last week and bringing back the momentum as we start nearing the end of the filming of the new Red Dwarf material.

2. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Console Officer

Well whichever post is used, I wish everyone who is going tonight a great time. Have fun guys.

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

4. Pendo

Pendo Second Officer Fan Club Team

Sounds like another solid episode. It sounds like some of these new episodes have taken the story in directions we wouldn't expect. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

5. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

This one sounds a lot more encouraging.

6. magnetiser

magnetiser Third Technician

Alex's set report is spot on...

The cast were awesome this week - they really seemed to be enjoying themselves despite the longer recording. Hard to believe that we'll only be seeing the final product in 2017.

And, completely agree. It'd be great to see Big Finish involved in Red Dwarf.

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

8. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Supply Officer

Sounds really promising and very exciting - a great response from a lot of people including one tweet (Gazpacho Soup) saying it may be the best episode of all the new material so far. Sounds much more like it compared to last week.

Obviously it has got something a bit different in it for RD but I wonder what episode Andrew was comparing it to in it being "divisive." Surely not last week's as this has had a lot of acclaim compared to the former. Though I suppose episode 2 was meant to be a different kind of RD ep. too and even then it still got some praise.

I wonder as this episode has got so much satisfaction from the audience could it be divisive like Meltdown was - it's a bit of a weird episode and I know some fans aren't keen on it but IMHO it is sensational and fits well with the rest of series 4.

But anyway it all sounds very hopeful. Just have to hope the final 3 episodes get a similar amount of praise though. Getting closer to the end now but everything sounds like it is back on track and the momentum is building once again.:-) Looking forward to next week already.

9. Pendo

Pendo Second Officer Fan Club Team

Richard Naylor has tweeted a storyboard image from Friday's episode:
    [​IMG]

10. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Supply Officer

11. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

So one of Starbug's jets is on the blink so they go this planet to look for supplies.

12. ahunter8056

ahunter8056 Skutter

Hello all.

First post. Assuming this is the episode that was recorded on Friday 12th February, I was there. And I can just say that it was hilarious, wonderful, and plenty of other positive adjectives. Plenty of hilarious gags, witty put-downs, the lot. Can't wait to see the finished result on the telly.

13. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Yep, this was that one! And yes, I'd agree with you. At the moment I'm torn between whether this one, or the last one of XI, has been my favourite of the run. They're both excellent for quite different reasons.

I think this is probably going to come out as the out-and-out *funniest* episode since RD came back (though admittedly I haven't been at every recording in these two blocks).