The Forum!!

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Ant E, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

I believe in the forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020 at 4:52 PM
  2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

Probably could do with some speedier account approval too. Or maybe turn the need for approval off.

3. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

I know the approval thing was turned on to keep spam bots out. But honestly at this point a spam bot isn’t going spam more than we do ourselves

Nikki the Great and Pembers like this.
  4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Ant, you've been talking about the forum dying for years, and yet it still hasn't died at all. So long as us regulars continue to post here the forum will continue to be active for years to come.

5. Cloud

I think forums are just not as popular as they once were. them, chatrooms, instant messaging all are of an older internet. which is a shame because I much prefer them to the onslaught of social media we have now. The old internet used to be more fun. Twitter is an absolute cancer on the world

6. Eddiebadassdavis

Eddiebadassdavis Supply Officer

I still live in the era of chat rooms

7. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

(Post edited to remove the stupidity).

I think the best way to describe @Seb was as our long suffering god father!! Always keeping us in check, and always freeing us of spam (remember someone saying he was deleting spam bots on Christmas Day once) and always sorting out the forum drama!

But to be honest, pretty sure this will be the end of the forum now.

You’ll be much missed Seb Patrick (aka @Seb @pat)!

8. Cloud

Yeah, I know we always gave him stick for never coming on and joining in with us. But he did let us away with a lot. Andrew would have never stood for all the spam we do and tex rimmering . We didn't know him as much as it would seem a lot of the others on G and T and things did. But I always liked him better than andrew and this is still very sad.

I also agree. I dunno if they will just close it or just let us sit here with no moderator or updates forever. I can't imagine they will get someone new.

Ant E and Nikki the Great like this.
  9. Asclepius

Asclepius Console Officer

Yes, he was here frequently, taking care of the forum, although he didn't contribute much with his words. He let us do all the stuff we find funny, which may not have seem funny to him. And yes, he banned @neilold.

For the future, I hope the continuous thread of articles every Friday won't end. I suppose the next one will be written by @Andrew. I hope there will be some new admin/mod to keep the legacy of constant news updates, but I can't imagine now the site being run by somebody different than @Seb.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  10. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

I would only hope that things can be put into perspective and an end can be put to the crap that goes on in this forum and concentrate on Red Dwarf and maybe, just maybe, more people will join and contribute. As is the stupid messages, spamming, and explicit stuff that was happening on here was a massive deterrent to many current and potential new users. I would love if going forward this place could just be a normal place to chat with other Red Dwarf fans, not have to wade through the massive piles of rubbish to find a decent post.

11. Nikki the Great

I don't think now is the time, do you?

Ant E likes this.
  12. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

On the contrary, now is EXACTLY the time. If it doesn't take the death of the moderator of this place to make certain people rethink their behaviour on here then you might as well close the place down now as all hope has gone.

13. Cloud

I don't understand...our behaviour didnt do this to him...

14. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Well it’s probably not the time to talk about that but there were and are ample decent threads. But yes I am
    aware I’m guilty of posting a load of rubbish (to some people) but all I ever wanted was to get new members so it was the bustle of postings when @Seb first took over.

I barely knew Seb but today I have realised in a really weird way how Some people on this forum are like a second family in some ways. I’ve never met anyone on here but feel I know them all quite well. I know that sounds dramatic but I speak to people on here daily more than my own immediate family sometimes ha.

It’s just a smegty day. But yeah I do honestly get your point @PFMC84 but I guess what I’m saying is some people post a lot more than others on here so there may well be “in jokes” others may not get.

But today is about @Seb. So let’s doff our hats to him :thanks:

Asclepius and Nikki the Great like this.
  15. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Sorry I have gone all sentimental on you all!!!!!!!

16. Nikki the Great

I really don't think the silliness on here is at all related to the death of Seb and I really think, when a man hasn't even been dead 24 hours, it's disrespectful to try to start pointing fingers and start arguments over this and that.

Cloud likes this.
  17. Cloud

That is ok. I think we are feeling a little shaken and things over it. Like there isnt that many of us on here any more. So its sad that someone we knew on here (even if not too well) died.

I dont think whats his face there should be starting fights over it though.

18. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

I never said Seb's death was related to ANYTHING on this website. I simply said that if people are still going to post the drivel they have been for years, (despite seeing how fragile life is and we are now suffering the loss of someone from the RD community), making this forum inaccessible to the casual viewer who may have wished to join or participate, then there is little point keeping the forums going, take the rubbish posts elsewhere or keep them to PM so they don't disrupt the place.

19. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

Pembers, Nikki the Great and Cloud like this.
  20. Cloud

We like it the way it is and we are the ones active here?