Viewing figures Saturday

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by johna1905, Apr 12, 2009.

1. johna1905

johna1905 Second Technician

Anyone know what we scored for epsiode 2

2. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

I don't think there's a way for average joe to see that information right away unless someone decides to publish it in the press sadly.

I can't find any news stories today, so.

3. Antjac

Antjac Third Technician

From DigitalSpy

The second episode in the new Red Dwarf trilogy lost over half the audience from the first episode but was still a huge success for multichannel station Dave. The show was the second most-watched multichannel programme of the day, with 937k (4.5%) tuning in at 9pm. Clip show Red Dwarf Special: Smeg-Ups followed with 495k (2.5%).

4. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Edit: found it: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a152472/huge-audiences-for-talent-who.html

Looks like the first episode killed off the momentum almost stone dead. :-(

It looks bad.

5. joe_mills

joe_mills First Technician

be disappointing if they did lose half the viewership

6. Antjac

Antjac Third Technician

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a152472/huge-audiences-for-talent-who.html

It says something about the power of RD when it loses half its viewership yet is still the second most watch program in satellite

7. Awooga

Awooga Third Technician

There was a lot of good popular shows on last night so it's not too surprising that Dave couldn't keep the high viewing figures from Friday. A bit disappointing but it still pulled in a reasonable audience.

8. Teatime

Teatime Third Technician

I THINK there's less competition tonight - Saturday over the Easter weekend would always be packed with it. I suspect BTE Part III will score over 1million again.

Also maybe the fact that it'll be repeated soon made people less inclined to tune in.

9. joe_mills

The first Britains got Talent was on last night and didnt finish until 9.15pm

Mondays triple header will be up against a new Hell's Kitchen

10. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

It's important to note that overnights aren't the same as final figures - there's a lot to take into account before the total is tallied. I suspect episode two picked up a lot more viewers on Dave Ja Vu, and will have a great many more people recording to watch later, thanks to the double-whammy of Britain's Got Talent and Doctor Who Confidential overlapping the timeslot of episode two.

11. Teatime

Teatime Third Technician

When do we get those figures, Andrew?

Cheers.

12. cyberkilla

cyberkilla Second Technician

The other thing is, a lot of the initial viewers were not the old fans, but the drones responding to the hype.

Anyone could expect to shed viewers. Most shows do. Plus, you have to consider the fact that the first episode was more of a scene setter, with the action starting in the second episode. The drones will not have known that.

13. THEBRIT

THEBRIT Third Technician

I think its a nod to the advertising of BTE.
    The teaser and viral ads whipped up an impressive following. Alot of the 1st episode viewers probably watched just to say they were there.
    Still great figures for 2nd episode.

-edit-argh ^^^ Cyberkilla beat me to it

14. e4tmyl04d

e4tmyl04d Third Technician

ouch. bit of a blow, but still not bad.
    grrr, britains got talent.

15. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

Monday's figures will be interesting to see how many people watch the whole lot

16. beesbees

beesbees Skutter

A lot of people would've watched Britain's Got Talent (10.5 million, in fact! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a152472/huge-audiences-for-talent-who.html ) and then watching the repeat on Dave + 1 or a later showing.

Well that's what I did anyway... :P

17. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

Been a dwarf fan since 88 and I watched the 2nd installment at 9.00 last night as i will the 3rd tonight. I say this in all fairness, if that episode was put up in front of the judges of britains got tallent, it would have been buzzed off. I was so dissapointed with it, especially after the hype. I watched britains got tallent later and although I never thought I would say it, enjoyed it better than dwarf. It brings a tear to my eye. Good job polymorph was on later

18. joe_mills

if i were a judge on Britains Got Talent i sure wouldnt have buzzed it off.

19. SophieMadeOfStars

SophieMadeOfStars Skutter

I'm not surprised the viewing went down last night. It was a frigging saturday night! I taped it and went to the pub with a friend, watched it when I came back. I've waited 10 years, so a couple of hours did not harm. I suspect many people did this. In the ep Rimmer even said "oh no... not a three parter... what if I'm not in? What if I'm busy?". I think tonight will do better ratings-wise, especially as the making-of is on after. Plus if the BBC ever show it I imagine it would get good ratings, coz not everyone who loves RD has freeview. And DVD sales will still be huge methinks.

Monday could have high ratings too, as I know some people who don't have freeview are waiting to watch them all on monday when they're shown consecutively at friends houses etc. Quite a few of my friends are doing that anyway...

20. e4tmyl04d

e4tmyl04d Third Technician

Same here.
    Cant wait for tonights ep :-D
    hopefully the viewing figures will pick up as its a Sunday.